• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official John Collins ROY Watch thread

Don't tell Ayo. That dude was convinced this draft is full of busts.
That's not what I said. I said I wasn't convinced this class has a STAR in it. I might be wrong.

pretty sure coach horn uses "secure the bag" with the players during training

That's not what I said. I said I wasn't convinced this class has a STAR in it. I might be wrong.

Pretty sure this class is going to have 3-4 stars.

You spent at least a dozen posts saying how you weren't sure the class was as good as anyone was saying it was

Then when asked to quantify you narrowed it to best player on a championship team

I'm cool hyperbolizing if you are

Like a star like as in one or two All-Stars games or perennial All-NBA?

You spent at least a dozen posts saying how you weren't sure the class was as good as anyone was saying it was

Then when asked to quantify you narrowed it to best player on a championship team

I'm cool hyperbolizing if you are
Yes, that was my take - I'm not sure there's a #1 on a #contender in this class. I'll probably be wrong.

Yes, that was my take - I'm not sure there's a #1 on a #contender in this class. I'll probably be wrong.

How many #1 on a #contender guys are there in the league? Start with Lebron, KD, Steph, Kawhi. Everybody else is a question mark.

Kinda crazy to think about it. Carter started at UNC only 12 years after Jordan left.

Yeah, I’m certainly not defending the 2000-2017 UNC pros as stars, though I think that was largely a result of Roy’s recruiting strategy as much as players not panning out.

Yeah, I’m certainly not defending the 2000-2017 UNC pros as stars, though I think that was largely a result of Roy’s recruiting strategy as much as players not panning out.

Here's the summary of carolina, they cheated, knew they cheated, Roy knew they cheated, every other team in Div I knows they cheated, the NCAA knew they cheated but pulled a Jim Comey. Just like the Clinton server issue, Comey knew she did it but let her off anyway, just like the NCAA did for the tarheels. Money talks while bullshit walks, but carolina fans have to live with themselves and realize they are cheaters when they look in the mirror every morning from now until kingdom come.

k didn't mind dantay jones dunking on the kid from uva and then (with his feet on him) doing push ups. f k. f dook.

Here's the summary of carolina, they cheated, knew they cheated, Roy knew they cheated, every other team in Div I knows they cheated, the NCAA knew they cheated but pulled a Jim Comey. Just like the Clinton server issue, Comey knew she did it but let her off anyway, just like the NCAA did for the tarheels. Money talks while bullshit walks, but carolina fans have to live with themselves and realize they are cheaters when they look in the mirror every morning from now until kingdom come.

Carolina was completely exonerated by the NCAA. They had some easy courses like every other university. Roy recruited kids who he thought were on the edge of being good but not great and would stay in school. It obviously worked.

Carolina was completely exonerated by the NCAA. They had some easy courses like every other university. Roy recruited kids who he thought were on the edge of being good but not great and would stay in school. It obviously worked.

LOL

He’ll work as a bench player/sixth man. He’s pointless with Harden because he isn’t a good enough defender anymore to justify slowing down the offense as much as he does. They’ll figure it out but Paul’s career as THE GUY is over.

I get the "Harden and Chris are redundant and neither will be able to adjust" hot take. I disagree with the latter part of that statement but I get it.

I truly don't understand the "Chris is no longer an elite defender take." Neither the eye test nor the stats back that up. All of the defensive metrics have him as at least a top 5 defensive PG, and he laps the field in Defensive RPM which includes height as a factor. He can no longer stay in front of elite PGs, but he knows this and compensates accordingly.

He is the guard version of Timmy when it comes to positioning, timing, and instinct on the defensive end. Sure old Tim would get beat by younger athletic forwards but he more than made up for it with his help D and by preventing those guys from getting position in the first place.

Chris is also excellent at defending bigger guys when he gets switched onto them. He blocked Draymond Green the other night for Christ's sake.

As shitty as Chris looked when he shared the court with Harden the Rockets ultimate strategy worked out. Put a top 4 PG on the floor at all times and slog through the time CP3/Harden are on the court together until they figure it out. Rockets won that game by letting Chris run the team from the end of the third to midway through the 4th (cutting lead from 15-5, Chris had 5 assists and a key steal) and then letting Harden take over from there.

I really can't tell if this is a serious post...

Back