• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official John Collins ROY Watch thread

Markannen is getting tons of PT due to Mirotic’s injury. Collins is much better from what I’ve seen.

Even if Collins does not develop and get better from where is now, he will always have a role in the NBA with his hustle / motore.

I've watched a decent amount of the Hawks three games and 80%+ of his points have come from put backs and lobs as compared to a structured play to get him the ball in the post.

Bud will progress him as the year moves on - the fans and organization love them some Collins.

Have to figure at some point Collins will pass Ilyasova as a starter, right?

It's a matter of when but it's taken too long already. But we went through this two years ago. It's going to be frustrating to watch the Hawks from the JC perspective because it looks like they're built around PG and wing play and they're not going to post up JC at all. He's just going to PNR and get lobs and put backs.

does coach bud play rookies sparingly (like popovich often does)?

does coach bud play rookies sparingly (like popovich often does)?

That's what people say but he's only really had two rookies. Schroder played behind Teague. Then Bembry last year.

It's a matter of when but it's taken too long already. But we went through this two years ago. It's going to be frustrating to watch the Hawks from the JC perspective because it looks like they're built around PG and wing play and they're not going to post up JC at all. He's just going to PNR and get lobs and put backs.

Hopefully soon

The Hawks don't have any commitment to Ilyasova beyond 2017-18, so if the team is out of the playoff hunt by midseason and the rookie acquits himself well off the bench, it wouldn't be surprising if Collins took on regular 30-minute duties at some point in the second half.

Fox Sports South. I'm in Georgia though so not sure if you'll get it wherever you are. I'd recommend searching nba streams on Reddit and you can find a link pretty quickly if you want to watch on your computer/tablet.

NBA League Pass preview too.

Muscala started ahead of JC. Wtf

NBA League Pass preview too.

Muscala started ahead of JC. Wtf

Looks like they like him on the 2nd unit so the 2nd unit can score

14 and 11 in 18 minutes. You're right that the fans might force Bud to give him 30 mins.

Meanwhile, Bam and his -12.01 PER haven't gotten off the bench.

Budenholzer needs to wake up and start playing Collins more minutes. It is blatantly clear that he is the best big man on the team. If he fouls out so be it but you have to play him.

Meanwhile, Bam and his -12.01 PER haven't gotten off the bench.

Complete head scratcher pick.

Maybe Mit and the crew have Bud tanking. Play Collins for 20 exciting minutes, lose, get a high pick.

Yeah, NBA teams with young rosters don't tank. My bad.

Back