• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

Isn’t the idea that an addiction inherently destructive, otherwise it’s just a hobby.

No way this can keep up. It's fucking insane. I was thinking about tinkering with Bitconnect with the BTC I bought a couple weeks ago, but I'm just holding it instead. It's like a 2nd xmas bonus.

I just sold mine at 17,000.00, I'll hop back in after this impending correction*

*guaranteed 20,000.00 by noon today

There is just no logic in this at all.

702215323e4b9e947a39d65d1863776c--grant-money-suits.jpg

Why the fuck do you continue to use price per ('insert ICO name here') in altcoins as a singular measure of value? Do you believe their price makes them a good deal relative to their competition in crypto?

There are smart people in this space, but there are also plenty of morons developing gambling addictions. You sure seem to be in the latter category.

Yes, because if you can get a few thousand coins for a few bucks and the market frenzy drives it up to even just a few bucks per coin, then you win. The underlying technology is irrelevant in these scenarios, you are just riding the wave. It is like electronic baseball cards. The likely hood of Lumen and Etherium blowing up are an equal crapshoot, but at this point in time there is much more economic upside and much less downside in Lumen.

Didn't State play in the Bitcoin Bowl a few years ago? I wonder if the players got a bunch of coins as part of their swag.

Sounds like the drop today was because Coinbase crashed.

Yes, because if you can get a few thousand coins for a few bucks and the market frenzy drives it up to even just a few bucks per coin, then you win. The underlying technology is irrelevant in these scenarios, you are just riding the wave. It is like electronic baseball cards. The likely hood of Lumen and Etherium blowing up are an equal crapshoot, but at this point in time there is much more economic upside and much less downside in Lumen.

there are 18,000,000,000 Lumen.

there are less than 100,000,000 ETH.

you don't seem to grasp the concept of circulating supply, whatsoever.

Didn't State play in the Bitcoin Bowl a few years ago? I wonder if the players got a bunch of coins as part of their swag.

The DogeCoin race now effectively cost around ~$550,000 to sponsor.

that sponsorship was actually covered in DOGE; which obviously the team immediately cashed, but still. to the moon!

NoamHQa.jpg

there are 18,000,000,000 Lumen.

there are less than 100,000,000 ETH.

you don't seem to grasp the concept of circulating supply, whatsoever.

You are assuming that any of these valuation are rationally based, which they clearly aren't. The macro impact is irrelevant, I'm looking to diversify the potential for biggest bang for the buck.

Back