• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

i don't invest with dickbag managers.

an etf of the 10 next biggest cryptos after btc chained to market value would be awesome. don't think there's a legit way to do that other than pooling money with friends. think you'd need a decent portfolio to actually do it right, though.

I was wondering about such an etf but found nothing. OGB investment pool? I’m in.

I'm in for 15 in the "bitcoin investment trust". It's worth about 35 after 6 weeks.

Finally sold some to cover my initial outlay. Playing with house money now

i don't invest with dickbag managers.

an etf of the 10 next biggest cryptos after btc chained to market value would be awesome. don't think there's a legit way to do that other than pooling money with friends. think you'd need a decent portfolio to actually do it right, though.

We've actually got a group trying to put something together like that over the next few weeks. Combined we've got maybe $1 million in crypto ... not huge from a fund standpoint but enough to give some flexibility and weather some risk. We'll see how it plays out, the logistics are proving to be somewhat difficult. We may end up keeping everything separate but using a collective strategy.

And Davor is the next big ponzi/lending platform, if anyone wants to make some money over the next few months.

We've actually got a group trying to put something together like that over the next few weeks. Combined we've got maybe $1 million in crypto ... not huge from a fund standpoint but enough to give some flexibility and weather some risk. We'll see how it plays out, the logistics are proving to be somewhat difficult. We may end up keeping everything separate but using a collective strategy.

And Davor is the next big ponzi/lending platform, if anyone wants to make some money over the next few months.

DRTiL7EVwAAc-gx

My personal viewpoint on all of this:
The market is more efficient than anyone could have previously predicted - two hedge fund buddies sold a $55M btc position in 30 minutes last week.
The market is rapidly maturing - futures trading may be feared as a source of volatility and potential shorts, but it ultimately represents a logical entry point for institutional money. Asset managers understand the bubble implications but are being pressured to establish a bitcoin/crypto position.
Crypto is one of the better ways to get exposure to blockchain today, but the best blockchain investments are yet to come. If you are investing in cryptocurrencies solely as a blockchain play, stay on the sidelines.

If you are not invested in cryptocurrencies today, but want exposure, I would strongly recommend;
1) dollar cost averaging - the markets are volatile, don't try to time them. Sign up on Coinbase, set up a recurring purchase (weekly or bi-weekly) as a natural hedge against rapid price moves
2) do not invest more than 5% of your liquid net worth in this 'asset' class. Said differently, you have to be prepared to lose your entire investment. I believe that btc could be at 25K in 2-3 months and 50K by the end of 2018 and eth at $1k by Q2 2018, but there is an equal risk of total loss.
3) find three people that know cryptocurrencies in and out and follow them closely; don't pay attention to media coverage or guys like Mark Cuban who opine on everything

SD3, you got enough cash to buy the Panthers yet?

SD3, you got enough cash to buy the Panthers yet?

Nope, I have paid off my Ireland trip and engagement ring just from December gains though. Good start. Let's see what January holds and maybe I'll bid in Feb.

Nope, I have paid off my Ireland trip and engagement ring just from December gains though. Good start. Let's see what January holds and maybe I'll bid in Feb.

This is actually a lie, I only cashed enough to cover the trip and around 30% of the ring. Left the rest in there

Just seems like a scam and bubble. Sure, people can make (real) money...until it collapses. In the end, more will lose than gain, probably.

Seriously?

I think there are things such as companies that make stuff that is sold. Goods, services, etc. That are sustainable. And not scams.

Better to look at things like KKD or PRMW when they were in the low single digits. Risky, sure, but real companies making and selling a product with some (realized now--certainly in the case of KKD and probably in the case of PRMW) chance to recover.

If you are not invested in cryptocurrencies today, but want exposure, I would strongly recommend;
1) dollar cost averaging - the markets are volatile, don't try to time them. Sign up on Coinbase, set up a recurring purchase (weekly or bi-weekly) as a natural hedge against rapid price moves

1.5% in and 1.5% out is a pretty big cut off the top.

Back