• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

Most crypto currencies are just currencies with different transaction fees, speeds, scalability, etc. Sia is backed by an actual thing (cloud storage). Also Jtp told me to and if he gets rich and I don’t know if I could take it.

So why Sia over Iota & the marketplace for the internet of things? Or Request Network & its payment platform? Just like the cloud storage tech better?

So why Sia over Iota & the marketplace for the internet of things? Or Request Network & its payment platform? Just like the cloud storage tech better?

I have some miota and REQ too. But I'm putting more money into sia because it isn't nearly as speculative - I don't need the coin price to moon. They have a product, it works (though nowhere near complete), and their dev team isn't focused on the price of the coin. If SC stays at or around $.02 for the next year (its been as high as .03) then I'll ROI in 2 months. If it hits $.04 then ROI in 2 weeks.

I have some miota and REQ too. But I'm putting more money into sia because it isn't nearly as speculative - I don't need the coin price to moon. They have a product, it works (though nowhere near complete), and their dev team isn't focused on the price of the coin. If SC stays at or around $.02 for the next year (its been as high as .03) then I'll ROI in 2 months. If it hits $.04 then ROI in 2 weeks.

With 4 machines running you get back 600,000 coin per month with an estimated price of .025 which equals 1,500.00 a month before electrical costs, right? So ROI of 6/7 months? Or did I miss something?

With 4 machines running you get back 600,000 coin per month with an estimated price of .025 which equals 1,500.00 a month before electrical costs, right? So ROI of 6/7 months? Or did I miss something?

$.025 * 600,000 = $15,000 not $1,500.

Lots of unknowns and assumptions go into this, sialytics is a fun tool.

If I have $500 (nominal, I know) to throw at this just for funsies, what should I do with that?

If I have $500 (nominal, I know) to throw at this just for funsies, what should I do with that?

Safest thing to buy would be LTC or ETH probably. But if its fun money I'd split it up between REQ, XLM, and XVG.

Safest thing to buy would be LTC or ETH probably. But if its fun money I'd split it up between REQ, XLM, and XVG.

Yeah, if you’re in it to make a quick buck, go with ETH/LTC. But if you’re willing to sit on it and take some risks, go with one of those three. I would also add Ripple into that bunch. Big upside for high profits with any of those.

Yeah, if you’re in it to make a quick buck, go with ETH/LTC. But if you’re willing to sit on it and take some risks, go with one of those three. I would also add Ripple into that bunch. Big upside for high profits with any of those.

cool, thanks.
I have a really boring portfolio and I want to get in on this if it does something, and if not... I can afford the opportunity.

cool, thanks.
I have a really boring portfolio and I want to get in on this if it does something, and if not... I can afford the opportunity.

Its pretty fun.

BTC back up over $14k. I wonder how many people dumped when it dropped.

I sold my BTC when it first hit 17k and BCH when it hit $4k. I'm staying away from both now. I think eth is the safest bet and LTC a close 2nd. But in 2 years who knows. I have nowhere near the knowledge about this stuff that nonny has. I've gotten pretty lucky so far because its all been speculative other than (I hope) the sia.

I second ripple. It’s right around a dollar and there’s rumors it’s coming to coinbase soon. That would cause a massive boost on a 1.00 coin.

What is the best site/ exchange to buy the less popular cryptos? I want to buy the following:
XVG
XLM
REQ
ripple

My preferred site is Binance. I have some of the last three that I used Binance for but am unsure if they have XVG.

Use gemini to get cash in, then go to binance to buy the alt coins.

So I’m messing around with binance. Does it matter what coins I use to buy in?I have some bitcoins, ethereum, and lite coins. Is there a better bang for buck or is it all arbitraged out?

Back