• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

So I’m messing around with binance. Does it matter what coins I use to buy in?I have some bitcoins, ethereum, and lite coins. Is there a better bang for buck or is it all arbitraged out?

Once it’s on Binance, not much difference. But ETH transfers from CB to Binance are much quicker and cheaper compared to BTC.

If I have $500 (nominal, I know) to throw at this just for funsies, what should I do with that?

I’d start with Eth. Can exchange it for a lot of the smaller more risky alts on binance much faster and with way cheaper fees than with BTC. And more mainstream than LTC and can exchange without having to g through an additional conduit like switching ltc to BTC or eth. Just a really good platform in general.

So it seems like coinbase to buy eth...transfer eth to binance...buy alt coins...transfer to hardware safe like a ledger...profittt????

So it seems like coinbase to buy eth...transfer eth to binance...buy alt coins...transfer to hardware safe like a ledger...profittt????

Yes. Though I currently have all my coins in Binance. I know it’s not recommended but I haven’t gone out of my way to find a wallet that works for most of my coins yet. Might do that at the start of the new year. Just make sure you turn on the two factor auth security feature on both Coinbase and Binance

How long do transactions into Coinbase take to confirm? I’ve been waiting for almost five days but still my deposit shows pending.

How long do transactions into Coinbase take to confirm? I’ve been waiting for almost five days but still my deposit shows pending.

It should tell you the date it’ll hit your account. I’m assuming you bought with bank transfer? Usually 7-8 days

Yes. Though I currently have all my coins in Binance. I know it’s not recommended but I haven’t gone out of my way to find a wallet that works for most of my coins yet. Might do that at the start of the new year. Just make sure you turn on the two factor auth security feature on both Coinbase and Binance

Yeah ledger only seems to work with btc not alt coin. Let me know if you find one that works.

Yeah I keep my alts on binance too

10006e328711ae438d95fdc9b5af9608.jpg

I bought a trezor a week ago to store the mainstream coins. It's very user friendly and simple to set up. Retails for $60-70 on amazon

Back