• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

no-you-dont-understand.gif

Once again, that's a horribly dumb idea for anyone to do. Why would you post and store something illegal on an open, public network? People still think that because they're not giving their name or signing into an application that their identity while using Bitcoin is hidden.

We learned earlier this week that (not surprisingly) the NSA is also tracking down people using the Bitcoin network. Link

This has been a theoretical question for a while, but now there is proof that it has happened. What do you do when the blockchain becomes tainted with illegal material? Yeah, you can trace where the illegal material came from and even arrest that person. The issue is: How do you get rid of the illegal material on the ledger?

wife interviewing for a job with bitflyer. anyone have any good info on them? do folks here use their exchange?

I had a dream that pro sports were really a front for a secret cryptocurrency and that all the fan reference sites were simply copies of the blockchain, as in all the stats are publicly recorded by a variety of sites for free and every time someone blocked a shot in basketball or football it was to indicate there'd be a new block and anytime someone got a save in hockey or soccer it'd indicate a signal to save a new copy.

robinhood added no fee trades of ethereum and btc to the app today, so that's fun.

well maybe not yet. I am on a list. whoopty freaking doo. if anyone is interested in helping me move up the list and wants a free stock, let me know and I will invite you to robinhood. which is super cool btw.

I got off the list this past week, seems to work pretty well

haha i stopped checking my Delta app months ago. Seems like years have passed since January when I thought I would be a millionaire.

Same. Actually logged in a couple of days ago and had to reset my password because I forgot it.

Back