• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

Think I've mainly been away from the thread since RJ entered.

What's up? Looking for thoughts on long-term crypto or something specific?

Nothing specific, just your current view on Crypto in general
99% over coins are significantly overvalued. However, the overall market is probably undervalued by billions. But a lot of the risks of investing and holding outweigh the upside to me.

As for more immediate outcomes...I think we're going to see an even greater feedback loop for the smaller ICO companies/altcoins. As the prices have dropped, their primary backing (and economic incentive) is at risk. And many high-volume OTC traders are monitoring those companies, waiting to see when they sell. When they start selling off, the OTC traders will sell even quicker, devaluing their currency further. So these companies are kind of damned if they do, damned if they don't. They're going to run out of money but know if they sell their coins, there's a legitimate risk it crashes.

Nony plz give good news soon...

I decided to check my funds tonight after not touching, or really looking at and keeping up with crypto, since the crash. Seems like the crash is still going on. I remember in the middle of Dec. 2017, I was at $350 with putting in only $75 I believe. ARK & REQ were my workhorses. I don't remember buying any XVG but apparently I did (136 of them to be exact) when it hit it's peak at $0.16/per coin, and now it's at $0.006. OOPS, talk about FOMO and not researching XVG, I think it was a super spur of the moment purchase. Oh well. I think all in all I ended up putting in $120. Portfolio is sitting at $11.07 now. :tear: As they say, gotta be comfortable losing what you put in so I am rather ecstatic that I didn't put in hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Back