• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

So it sounds like a similar idea to traditional collecting but with a much improved system to remove the barriers/inconsistencies. So is it actual collectors buying right now or investors who think this will take off to match the current pricing? Maybe I'm just not up to date on collector prices, but they seem outrageously expensive for a highlight which already exists elsewhere. I see they have serial numbers to show authenticity, but I can't get my head around treating a digital video in the same as an original piece of artwork for example.

When are new packs released? They seem to have all been sold out for the past week. What's the best way to go about being notified when new packs are available? Twitter?

When are new packs released? They seem to have all been sold out for the past week. What's the best way to go about being notified when new packs are available? Twitter?

@thefirstmint on twitter does a decent job letting people know when packs drop. it's still in "beta" so there are issues whenever the packs are released.

Packs usually are on Mondays or Thursdays except for special packs like the Cool Cats. Might be one tonight, maybe not.

All I know is I sold like $200k worth of magic the gathering cards for a 128mhz Compaq Preserio. I’d suggest going IN on beta anything

@thefirstmint on twitter does a decent job letting people know when packs drop. it's still in "beta" so there are issues whenever the packs are released.

Packs usually are on Mondays or Thursdays except for special packs like the Cool Cats. Might be one tonight, maybe not.
Brews,,,

@OwnTheMomentNFT is really good breaking down the value of each of the moments, some more stats on tonight/tomorrow's drop

So it sounds like a similar idea to traditional collecting but with a much improved system to remove the barriers/inconsistencies. So is it actual collectors buying right now or investors who think this will take off to match the current pricing? Maybe I'm just not up to date on collector prices, but they seem outrageously expensive for a highlight which already exists elsewhere. I see they have serial numbers to show authenticity, but I can't get my head around treating a digital video in the same as an original piece of artwork for example.

I would say the early adopters were primarily crypto people who are very bullish on the long term opportunity. Some have multimillion dollar accounts that have prob seen 100x returns.

Since then, we’ve seen a mix of nba fan collectors, people investing in them as alternative assets, and people who see an ability to make money grinding the marketplace.

And completely agree it feels crazy but I recommend that Mark Cuban NFT article that gives light into a new way of thinking.

@OwnTheMomentNFT is really good breaking down the value of each of the moments, some more stats on tonight/tomorrow's drop

Imagine a Mason Plumlee highlight being a rare. They're setting the stage for the truly epic highlights to be worth something.

Nonny, you still high on SIA? I'm considering doubling my position here soon

Seems like Top Shot is going to have issues moving forward if the common folk can’t get ahold of packs. Looks like twitter is pretty mad and assuming that bots scooped most of this legendary pack?

Back