• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

Seems like Top Shot is going to have issues moving forward if the common folk can’t get ahold of packs. Looks like twitter is pretty mad and assuming that bots scooped most of this legendary pack?

Stuff you can't get you soon forget.

Seems like Top Shot is going to have issues moving forward if the common folk can’t get ahold of packs. Looks like twitter is pretty mad and assuming that bots scooped most of this legendary pack?

Definitely a disaster for them but not bot pickups.

How it was supposed to work was at 3 PM you enter a queue and a randomized list begins at 3:15. What ended up happening was instead of everyone getting the "join drop," some people immediately got "buy now" at 3:00 pm. They were gone for most people but Nonny's cohost got one after waiting in line.

Whatever could go wrong in a space where Dogecoin is now worth a billion dollars. (Up 100% in the past 24 hours)

This has aged well. Up 12x since I posted. I really just need to costanza my investment bets. Do the opposite. I shorted Tesla and Zoom this year.

And yeah, the Top Shot Holo drop Saturday was a bit of a mess. We put out a video yesterday giving a recap. Only additional info since then is our guess at the reason for the bug was confirmed that people who were in the queue Friday evening for the previous drop were accidentally able to skip the line for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEYDX6mL0aw&feature=youtu.be

Alright everyone, y'all should get out now. Cause I just bought in.

Sold some items last night and got BTC. Woke up and I had like an extra thousand bucks. That was P Sweet.

Alright everyone, y'all should get out now. Cause I just bought in.

Sold some items last night and got BTC. Woke up and I had like an extra thousand bucks. That was P Sweet.

tumblr_inline_odir9xTzgu1t2kn7o_400.gifv

So ummmm my closest friend who still lives in Vegas took a job a few months ago doing accounting at a public crypto company. That seems to have worked out ok. Reallllllly wish I wasn't drunk the last time we spoke and he initially told me about his new gig so I forgot......

Last edited:
So I just caught up with one of my closer friends. Apparently we talked a month or two ago but I was drunk so forgot. I was concerned because he used to be the CFO of the vegas monorail so I was like does this dude have a job anymore? But he joined some crypto company as CFO in Oct, he took them public in the past few months, and since then its market cap went up 10x and is now in the billions. And it's like a 3 person company. And he's been there 3 months.

I think I’ve heard that story before!!

Guess I was drunk when I posted that too and forgot! It's weird seeing one of your good friends hitting the lottery in real time. And being able to like wake up and google and see it like go up 50% in a day.

Last edited:
I think they confirmed your thinking with their blog post yesterday.

Looking like Lamelo is a good investment if you're stashing and willing to HODL. Only moment on Topshot is from his first game (he didn't score that game believe it or not) and it will get rookie badges when they implement that.

Also curious to see if everyone here thinks ETH has reached a peak or can still go up.

American Christmas lights in December consume more than El Salvador in a whole year. I get the point, but it's silly. You can pick out any major electronic item and make an argument like this.

American Christmas lights in December consume more than El Salvador in a whole year. I get the point, but it's silly. You can pick out any major electronic item and make an argument like this.

yeah, but the same theme prevails: the haves use a ton of resources at the expense of the have-nots

I don't see how energy consumption isn't a problem for cryptocurrencies as they look to gain traction in a world that is already under pressure from excessive non-renewable
and dirty energy use

3 separate Top Shot pack drops last night. I snagged a pack in the first drop but missed out on the 2nd & 3rd. Nothing to speak of in the one pack I was able to get.

Seems that all three drops went about as well as could be expected.

Back