• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

am I the only one that went balls deep on sia here?

Put in less than that, actually. I've got 561 coins. probably $10? don't know, don't remember. trying to remember when I got in is hard and searching through the order history or binance is not fun since it only goes in three month increments.

How can the volume be more than the entire market cap for this thing, who the fuck is buying this shit? Isn't Bitcoin's volume like 1-2% of its market cap or something?

Having lived through the online poker boom and bust, and living through the government not even debating it in congress, they just passed the unlawful internet gaming act as a rider to a port security bill in a day and Party Poker's market cap dropped 90% in a day. Roughly half the online sites had someone super-user'ing or cheating or straight stealing deposits at the end of the day.

Seems like we're one employee or owner of an exchange being hacked or just being a thief to start like stealing someone bitcoin to just buy doge with to artificially inflate the price of doge while selling it on another exchange for the party to stop and the feds to come in.

Oh, well this sounds lovely

Are there shorts on Dogecoin?
FTX allows you to go long or short on Dogecoin (DOGE) with up to 101x leverage. There's no need to verify your KYC details unless you wish to withdraw over $1,000 USD per day. Using the button below, you'll save 5% on trading fees forever.

Having lived through the online poker boom and bust, and living through the government not even debating it in congress, they just passed the unlawful internet gaming act as a rider to a port security bill in a day and Party Poker's market cap dropped 90% in a day. Roughly half the online sites had someone super-user'ing or cheating or straight stealing deposits at the end of the day.

Seems like we're one employee or owner of an exchange being hacked or just being a thief to start like stealing someone bitcoin to just buy doge with to artificially inflate the price of doge while selling it on another exchange for the party to stop and the feds to come in.

Are you suggesting the Feds are going to shut down crypto or just some random rogue exchange. Bc the Feds already regulate all the exchanges that operate legally in the US. So sure, I could see them going after someone who operates outside the US but is not respecting US regulation. But I sure don't see them trying to take out the space more broadly.

More broadly the Federal government has already made clear that they are not shutting down crypto simply by examining what the largest financial institutions on earth are doing. They are going to tax it. But when an exchange goes public at a 65B valuation and you have the likes of Northern Trust, BoNY, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, PayPal, Square, Blackrock, MassMutual and WalMart (to be announced in the next 6-8 weeks) either buying companies so they can participate in the crypto custody/offering game or just putting BTC or ETH on their balance sheets, the arrival of crypto as an asset class has already occurred. The next step in the evolution is the approval of a BTC ETF. It likely happens this year. Back several years ago the SEC asked a lot of great questions as they denied applications. The space has since matured and almost all of those questions have now been answered.

We all know the bubble will burst for awhile at some point. I got out of everything last week except a small position I left in OMI.

Any fucktard that didn't cash in their doge when it got over .30 is an absolute idiot.

We all know the bubble will burst for awhile at some point. I got out of everything last week except a small position I left in OMI.

Any fucktard that didn't cash in their doge when it got over .30 is an absolute idiot.

I don't think that was the bubble popping

I don't think that was the bubble popping

Not yet, but I think a major correction is coming. And aim gonna scoop as much as I can when/if it happens.

It's way too volatile right now, and way too much chatter as governments finally realize they need to regulate the space more.

Not yet, but I think a major correction is coming. And aim gonna scoop as much as I can when/if it happens.

It's way too volatile right now, and way too much chatter as governments finally realize they need to regulate the space more.

BTC has not tested the 20 week MA in a long time. If that test comes you're looking at maybe 45K. Of course with each passing week that math keeps moving up. Also, the last time BTC had this many monthly upticks in a row was 2013. So you very well could be correct. I'm just not smart enough to know when. So each time this happens I scoop up a bit on projects I think have good long term risk / reward prospects. Bought some SNX and ENJ today

Last edited:
Back