• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

One little bad day and fuckin' Merrill gotta be margin calling my 100% MARA allocation.

Anyone ever have an open order never get filled? I bought ETH at $3,790 last night, normally it only take 30mins to fill orders.

Stellar to the mooooon again.

Jk. Just making up the ground I lost thanks to OMI :rulz:

With Coinbase Pro sometimes the orders get skipped when there's a crazy wick like yesterday's.

Anyone ever have an open order never get filled? I bought ETH at $3,790 last night, normally it only take 30mins to fill orders.

Limit orders can take a long time to fill, obviously. Otherwise bizarre that a market order would not fill immediately. I use CBP from time to time and have never seen that before with a market order.

I started dipping into crypto about 7 months ago, just BTC and ETH. I have kept the small amount I purchased in the coinbase vault. Is this a safe place to store the crypto? If not, what type of wallet/platform does everyone suggest for someone who is not extremely tech savvy. I'll add that I am fine with losing all of the money if the market tanks, I am not fine losing the money because I lost some massive password or I misplaced a tiny thumb drive.

I use trustwallet based off of recommendations from (I think) SD3. It is a wallet on your phone so no thumb drives required but does require a 12 word long key but if you write it down & put it in a safe spot, you should be good. I thought it was pretty easy to figure out.

I started dipping into crypto about 7 months ago, just BTC and ETH. I have kept the small amount I purchased in the coinbase vault. Is this a safe place to store the crypto? If not, what type of wallet/platform does everyone suggest for someone who is not extremely tech savvy. I'll add that I am fine with losing all of the money if the market tanks, I am not fine losing the money because I lost some massive password or I misplaced a tiny thumb drive.

A Coinbase "vault" is among the most secure places you can store crypto if you are not going to self custody. The only disadvantage is it can take a couple of days to retrieve your crypto from the vault.

My favorite thing about Crypto is that I'm a pretty tech-savvy IT professional, have a few crypto trading accounts and such set up that I actively track/leverage - and then someone can write a sentence about parachains or whatever and I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I go read, feel a little more in the know for about 5 minutes, then the cycle repeats itself. And during that time people get rich off of shit like Dogecoin. What a time to be alive.

My favorite thing about Crypto is that I'm a pretty tech-savvy IT professional, have a few crypto trading accounts and such set up that I actively track/leverage - and then someone can write a sentence about parachains or whatever and I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I go read, feel a little more in the know for about 5 minutes, then the cycle repeats itself. And during that time people get rich off of shit like Dogecoin. What a time to be alive.

Also, to the extent you believe the DOT/KSM architecture is really sound, the parties who win those parachain slots have sort of a defensive wall for their project.

Back