• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

At this point, any of the "crypto is a hedge against inflation" steam is dead right?

So looking at BTCs 5 year progression, year to date:

June 18th ‘17 BTC traded for 2.5k

- December 17th ‘17 BTC spiked 18.9k

June 18th ‘18 BTC traded for 6.7k

June 18th ‘19 BTC traded for 9.0k

- June 26th 2019 BTC spiked 12.9k

June 18th 2020 BTC traded for 9.4k

- April 14th ‘21 BTC spiked 63k

June 18th ‘21 BTC traded for 35.5k

- November 8th ‘21 BTC spiked 67.5k

June 18th ‘22 BTC trading for 19.1k

Looking at that progression it seems like BTC is attracting 2 different types of investors whose interests are competing: short term investors counting on a spike and long term HODL’ers

I personally don't think the floor is in yet.

The floor can’t be in until tether and the exchanges using it all go bust. It went from $60k to $18k and tethers market cap only went down like 15%. Dropped below $20k last night because another billion in tether got redeemed.

Been over a year since any posts on this thread. Ironically, the last post was a Mitch Griffis getting a worthless version of Hartman.

Good interview on the crypto crash with the author of Numbers Go Up.

Eh not really sure where to put this but thought it was a good read.

Curious how many other Deacs here are up to their eyeballs in AI and are leveraging new generative solutions for more than funny meme generation… This seems pretty close to what I’d guess in the next year or two, after that it gets pretty wild. One of the things I constantly think about is, given what we can do today vs just 3 years ago, the 5-10 year timeframe is borderline unfathomable.

I started this thread about AI back in January but it never really took off.

Eh not really sure where to put this but thought it was a good read.

Curious how many other Deacs here are up to their eyeballs in AI and are leveraging new generative solutions for more than funny meme generation… This seems pretty close to what I’d guess in the next year or two, after that it gets pretty wild. One of the things I constantly think about is, given what we can do today vs just 3 years ago, the 5-10 year timeframe is borderline unfathomable.
I've seen the phrase sometimes that we always overestimate what can change in one year and we always underestimate what can change in five years. Seems pretty accurate

Back