• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

CMC crashing the market this morning

Them pulling the Korean info out of the charts and not putting a banner up on the site or something screwed a lot of people. Glad im in for the long hold.

No. The reason why is because the team is likely a fraud. Their white paper was completely plagiarized.

They literally only have vaporware and no credibility they have the knowledge or ability to develop the product.

I mean it costs 0.16, I feel like that's pretty fair for what you just described.

No. The reason why is because the team is likely a fraud. Their white paper was completely plagiarized.

They literally only have vaporware and no credibility they have the knowledge or ability to develop the product.

Youre talking about TRX right?

Youre talking about TRX right?
Yes.

I mean it costs 0.16, I feel like that's pretty fair for what you just described.

Ugh...such a horrible way to look at it. The price is only half of the equation. There are 65B coins out there so you have a market cap of nearly $10B for absolutely nothing.

Just frustrating because when this bubble collapses, these are the types of projects that can take a significant portion of the blame.

so how do we make RileySkinnerCoin and become billionaires?

Yes.

Ugh...such a horrible way to look at it. The price is only half of the equation. There are 65B coins out there so you have a market cap of nearly $10B for absolutely nothing.

Just frustrating because when this bubble collapses, these are the types of projects that can take a significant portion of the blame.

Don't disagree but Market Cap (and how it's calculated) is a terrible way to evaluate a coin.

so how do we make RileySkinnerCoin and become billionaires?
Think slightly bigger.

How do we make a coin that capitalizes on collegiate sports? There's already some betting type coins out there so want some other niche.

Only downside is majority of the pumping in this space is outside the U.S. so we're already limiting our reach.

Don't disagree but Market Cap (and how it's calculated) is a terrible way to evaluate a coin.
Short term speculation? 100%. Sooooo many other variables that are influencing where people invest, with a strong correlation between the lower price currencies rising the fastest.

However for actual evaluation of the tokens themselves, it's a very important component. It's a reason why most experts are flabbergasted by Ripple's increase despite the coin likely being one of the least valuable out there (due to large supply, centrally organized, way the coins continue to be released, and belief in Ripple the tech =/= belief in the coin).

If you're simply buying coins expecting there will be an early bump, that's fine. I've noticed some strong opportunities just by thinking through how these projects will be perceived by the public. It's why I got in ZCash and Stellar early b/c they have very compelling stories. But even if that's your investment thesis, TRON/TRX should not be held. What happens when it gets picked up by a major outlet that the core of their company, their whitepaper, is plagiarized?

Short term speculation? 100%. Sooooo many other variables that are influencing where people invest, with a strong correlation between the lower price currencies rising the fastest.

However for actual evaluation of the tokens themselves, it's a very important component. It's a reason why most experts are flabbergasted by Ripple's increase despite the coin likely being one of the least valuable out there (due to large supply, centrally organized, way the coins continue to be released, and belief in Ripple the tech =/= belief in the coin).

If you're simply buying coins expecting there will be an early bump, that's fine. I've noticed some strong opportunities just by thinking through how these projects will be perceived by the public. It's why I got in ZCash and Stellar early b/c they have very compelling stories. But even if that's your investment thesis, TRON/TRX should not be held. What happens when it gets picked up by a major outlet that the core of their company, their whitepaper, is plagiarized?

Where's the proof it was plagiarized?

Sorry, SD3. It's a lot easier to identify bad projects than good ones.

Best advice I can give is the following:
- Use twitter. Find some of the top crypto follows and see what they're talking about (not pumping). These often take a little while to trickle out, and often seeing others take their views and buy and pump.
- Evaluate the team. This is probably most important component for long-term (read as more than a month) evaluation of a coin. It's one of the reasons I'm heavy on ZCash and Stellar, and Ethereum from early days.
- Don't buy at the top. I know that's hindsight advice but what I mean is don't be the guy that buys Ripple at $3 because you believe it can be the next Bitcoin. Almost every cryptocoin created recently is VERY different than Bitcoin. It's not going to rise to meteoric levels, especially not the use case defined tokens.

I had one more but I can't think of it now. Will edit this later if I do.

Where's the proof it was plagiarized?

Lee is a decent bit shady himself isn't he? Sold all of his LTC once it topped out to avoid "conflict of interest" ..... Okay.

Lee is a decent bit shady himself isn't he? Sold all of his LTC once it topped out to avoid "conflict of interest" ..... Okay.
A lot more to that story than just that. I value his opinion on most technical matters. But he's far from the reason for my opinion...I actually didn't know he retweeted and posted about it until this morning.

Sorry, SD3. It's a lot easier to identify bad projects than good ones.

Best advice I can give is the following:
- Use twitter. Find some of the top crypto follows and see what they're talking about (not pumping). These often take a little while to trickle out, and often seeing others take their views and buy and pump.
- Evaluate the team. This is probably most important component for long-term (read as more than a month) evaluation of a coin. It's one of the reasons I'm heavy on ZCash and Stellar, and Ethereum from early days.
- Don't buy at the top. I know that's hindsight advice but what I mean is don't be the guy that buys Ripple at $3 because you believe it can be the next Bitcoin. Almost every cryptocoin created recently is VERY different than Bitcoin. It's not going to rise to meteoric levels, especially not the use case defined tokens.

I had one more but I can't think of it now. Will edit this later if I do.

I mean you're probably right, I guess it just depends on your strategy. Long story short, I really don't care about any of them at the end of the day, I'm just riding the market. Will it burn me in the end? Maybe? But I understand that risk.

I hit Tron at .009 based on research from Reddit and Twitter and I'm happy with that. Honestly don't care about their papers if it's going to keep pumping towards 1.00. The past week it's had a pretty solid floor of .15-.16 and the volume is extremely high. It's getting added on 3 exchanges in the next 9 days. There's a big announcement on the 12th or 14th? I can get out any time I want. As long as that's anywhere over .045 then I've made money. Currently up 5 digits within my portfolio on tron alone.

Again, you're probably right for what you need from the coin. I simply just want a quick hit and quit and it's been brilliant for that so far.

I mean you're probably right, I guess it just depends on your strategy. Long story short, I really don't care about any of them at the end of the day, I'm just riding the market. Will it burn me in the end? Maybe? But I understand that risk.

I hit Tron at .009 based on research from Reddit and Twitter and I'm happy with that. Honestly don't care about their papers if it's going to keep pumping towards 1.00. The past week it's had a pretty solid floor of .15-.16 and the volume is extremely high. It's getting added on 3 exchanges in the next 9 days. There's a big announcement on the 12th or 14th? I can get out any time I want. As long as that's anywhere over .045 then I've made money. Currently up 5 digits within my portfolio on tron alone.

Again, you're probably right for what you need from the coin. I simply just want a quick hit and quit and it's been brilliant for that so far.

Yup. Everything is overvalued. It's all speculation. Just riding the wave up. This is against every rule of investing...its pure speculation. But I'm making money and that's what matters. At least we arent in the P/D discords.

Yup. Everything is overvalued. It's all speculation. Just riding the wave up. This is against every rule of investing...its pure speculation. But I'm making money and that's what matters. At least we arent in the P/D discords.
Crypto mafia game?

Is this gonna solve the US gambling embargo? Looks like there was a "coin poker" that came out 2 months ago? I imagine there are bookies that use the shit already, right?

Back