• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

I met the winklevoss twins a friend of mine is close buds with them

tumblr_ldpbnkIAWb1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

By July 2019, the bitcoin network will require more electricity than the entire United States currently uses. By February 2020, it will use as much electricity as the entire world does today.

Sounds sustainable

Care to share your thoughts?

The speculation and investment is not in a technology but the recent partnerships they’ve signed with big name companies.

But without knowing too much, I have little reason to believe those partnerships are as valuable as the speculation in the currency signifies. I choose not to invest in publicity but that might be a short term fault for evaluating crypto.

a08ff310a591078e48b84566766d4433.jpg

I'll bet 25.00 there's a run this week that breaks 20k

Help me understand. What is your risk tolerance here?

Like, are you going to pour 20%+ of your portfolio into Bitcoin today looking for that (any) return?

Please, I would love to start to make sense of this for my own sake.

Help me understand. What is your risk tolerance here?

Like, are you going to pour 20%+ of your portfolio into Bitcoin today looking for that (any) return?

Please, I would love to start to make sense of this for my own sake.

I'm 27, single (for now), have a senior level job at a software company, no debt, and pay 450.00 rent per month to my best friend. What do I have to lose throwing 5k at this? Currently, I have 4.2k invested, barely anything. Have 800.00 set aside if I want to buy anything else. I enjoy keeping up with it and accept the risk for the chance this goes somewhere in the next few years.

As far as my crypto portfolio goes, I currently have 0% in BTC.

Charlie Lee is the creator of Litecoin:

I'm 27, single (for now), have a senior level job at a software company, no debt, and pay 450.00 rent per month to my best friend. What do I have to lose throwing 5k at this? Currently, I have 4.2k invested, barely anything. Have 800.00 set aside if I want to buy anything else. I enjoy keeping up with it and accept the risk for the chance this goes somewhere in the next few years.

As far as my crypto portfolio goes, I currently have 0% in BTC.

This. I look at it the same way. It's an investment that I don't plan on pulling out anytime soon. The money invested shouldn't be anything you actually need or can't stand to lose. I put $1,000 in on 2 ETH coins and 1 LTC coin on the 7th. Currently up 85% or so in 1 week. Hope it goes up 85000% but it's a gamble and I know it going in.

Yeah it is all just high risk, high reward money. The same way the dickbag managing your mutual fund throws a few of your dollars down on a risky stock play to diversify the fund, this is simply an investment on the extremely risky side of your overall investment portfolio diversity (market funds, bonds, house/ real estate, jewelry, savings/checking accounts, small business, PSLs, whatever).

So late in the summer I bought 4 GBTC for $700. It's like 4x that today, so I sold one to recover my initial outlay and am playing with house money now.

Yeah it is all just high risk, high reward money. The same way the dickbag managing your mutual fund throws a few of your dollars down on a risky stock play to diversify the fund, this is simply an investment on the extremely risky side of your overall investment portfolio diversity (market funds, bonds, house/ real estate, jewelry, savings/checking accounts, small business, PSLs, whatever).

i don't invest with dickbag managers.

an etf of the 10 next biggest cryptos after btc chained to market value would be awesome. don't think there's a legit way to do that other than pooling money with friends. think you'd need a decent portfolio to actually do it right, though.

Back