• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

I’ve been buying gold the last few weeks.

Kind of off topic, I guess. But not really.

I'd dump IOTA but only because I know a senior level person trying to leave

Sergey Ivancheglo, better known as Come-from-Beyond/CFB had planned his resignation from the IOTA Foundation when the Alpha and Omega engineering teams were to be merged at the end of June. As planned Sergey submitted his resignation letter on the 26th of June and stepped down from the Board of Directors. Since then he has handed over some backlogged work in the role of an unofficial advisor to the Foundation but holds no position in the organization.
Sergey Ivancheglo on his departure from the IOTA Foundation
I no longer believe that the IOTA Foundation is the best setting for me to realize what we set out to create back in 2014 and 2015. I have always done my best work in a less rigid environment. I am looking forward to continuing the work on both hardware and software development of IOTA independently. Additionally, my use of free speech has repeatedly been leveraged in unfair attacks against the IOTA Foundation, something I am very tired of. I represent myself and only me when I express myself via personal mediums such as Twitter.
As everyone knows, CFB has been and continues to be one of the most prolific and influential people in crypto and has served an absolutely pivotal role in the IOTA project. We fully supported his decision to depart when he revealed his plans resume working independently to us back in March. The IOTA Foundation is very grateful to Sergey for all his contributions to the Foundation and looks forward to a fruitful collaboration with him in his role as an independent developer.
Personal note from David
Although I don’t always agree or approve of CFB’s unorthodox actions as it pertains to communication, I fully trust him as my co-founder and nothing has changed in terms of the development of the big picture.

Back