• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Blockchain Tech and Cryptocurrencies

All of them are. Bitcoin closing in on $10,000 per coin. Any of you techie millennials sitting on some from when they were like $4?

Somebody relatively important (though I forget who, so clearly not that important) a few months ago said $100,000 per coin in the next few years. I think he also predicted $10,000 per coin by the end of this year, so on pace so far.

Somebody relatively important (though I forget who, so clearly not that important) a few months ago said $100,000 per coin in the next few years. I think he also predicted $10,000 per coin by the end of this year, so on pace so far.
Max Keiser: http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/10/30/51559/

All of them are. Bitcoin closing in on $10,000 per coin. Any of you techie millennials sitting on some from when they were like $4?
And I still have some from when I bought around $300, but that was first time I got into it.

Last June I put $100 into Coinbase with the intention of buying ETH, I had to buy BTC with USD, so after buying 7 ETH for $14ish, I had 0.0235 left, which is now worth $235. The ETH is worth like $3000.

Ok, so I am in, although very cheaply. Just wanted to get my feet wet. I bought .25 of a lite coin, planning on sitting on it on coinbase for a few days. I should've got Ethereum because it's easier to transfer to binance to get some IOTA but am definitely planning on getting IOTA later this week.

Noob question...Am I okay to not keep anything on a hard drive & just keep it all on coinbase or binance?

Ok, so I am in, although very cheaply. Just wanted to get my feet wet. I bought .25 of a lite coin, planning on sitting on it on coinbase for a few days. I should've got Ethereum because it's easier to transfer to binance to get some IOTA but am definitely planning on getting IOTA later this week.

Noob question...Am I okay to not keep anything on a hard drive & just keep it all on coinbase or binance?

I keep long-term coin in a BitPay wallet, but if you are just talking small amounts I would think Coinbase is fine.

I saw someone mention IOTA on reddit yesterday so I’d assume it has to be legit

I saw someone mention IOTA on reddit yesterday so I’d assume it has to be legit

Microsoft just announced the first marketplace for the internet of things with an Iota base. I think I saw over 20 companies have already committed to it. So it definitely sounds like it will gain some traction.

Microsoft just announced the first marketplace for the internet of things with an Iota base. I think I saw over 20 companies have already committed to it. So it definitely sounds like it will gain some traction.

What exchange are you buying from?

Back