• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump To End DACA

This poem came across my twitter feed:

(citizen) (illegal)

Mexican woman (illegal) and Mexican man (illegal) have
a Mexican (illegal)-American (citizen).
Is the baby more Mexican or American?
Place the baby in the arms of the mother (illegal).
If the mother holds the baby (citizen)
too long, does the baby become illegal?

The baby is a boy (citizen). He goes to school (citizen).
His classmates are American (citizen). He is outcast (illegal).
His “Hellos” are in the wrong language (illegal).
He takes the hyphen separating loneliness (Mexican)
from friendship (American) and jabs it at the culprit (illegal).
Himself (illegal). His own traitorous tongue (illegal).
His name (illegal). His mom (illegal). His dad (illegal).

Take a Mexican woman (illegal) and a Mexican man (illegal).
If they have a baby and the baby looks white enough to pass (citizen).
If the baby grows up singing Selena songs to his reflection (illegal).
If the baby hides from el cucuy and la migra (illegal).
If the baby (illegal) (citizen) grows up to speak broken Spanish (illegal)
and perfect English (citizen). If the boy’s nickname is Güerito (citizen).
If the boy attends college (citizen). If the boy only dates women (illegal)
of color (illegal). If the boy (illegal) uses phrases like Women of Color (citizen).
If the boy (illegal) (citizen) writes (illegal) poems (illegal).

If the boy (citizen) (illegal) grows up (illegal) and can only write (illegal)
this story in English (citizen), does that make him more
American (citizen) or Mexican (illegal)?

https://www.poetshouse.org/programs-and-events/workshops-classes-residencies/emerging-poets-residency/jos%C3%A9-olivarez

Use your constitutional expertise to enlighten us as to how the executive can write immigration law to suit its political purposes.

The media, aka Democratic operatives with bylines, will not spend much time on this because it is not interested in that angle.

Trump is doing that right now. This EO isn't just "no more DACA."

Maybe we can send Drumpf back to Bavaria with only a couple hundred bucks and the clothes on his back.

21457978_10159276825605405_5967752188474386991_o.jpg

Use your constitutional expertise to enlighten us as to how the executive can write immigration law to suit its political purposes.

The media, aka Democratic operatives with bylines, will not spend much time on this because it is not interested in that angle.

Trump is doing that right now. This EO isn't just "no more DACA."

Finally, PH was defeated. It seems to me the only reason this comes off as bad is because some liberal managed to successfully refer to them as something as sweet as "dreamers"

The only way to prevent illegal immigration is to make the penalties for doing so cruel. There's no downside, currently.

Last edited:
Finally, PH was defeated. It seems to me the only reason this comes off as bad is because some liberal managed to successfully refer to them as something as sweet as "dreamers"

The only way to prevent illegal immigration is to make the penalties for doing so cruel. There's no downside, currently.

"Go back" is so cruel?

"Go back" is so cruel?

Not really. Don't incentivize it, when what happens is what people feared would happen it will help change behavior.

You can't convince me illegal immigration isn't a problem. I got engaged to one a few days ago.

She's at work now and comes home with $150 a night. That's double the poverty limit and she's doing it without a SS card or any documents showing work eligibility. She's at an Asian restaurant serving $8 entrees working 30 hours a week, getting paid $5 an hour under the California minimum wage. If she can do it, so can any person born here, black/brown or whatever.

Jhmd's safety net rants aren't wrong no matter how much it annoys y'all to hear. If I can admit as much when it affects the person I asked to marry me a few days ago, you can admit as much when the only reason you don't is to not lose an argument on a message board in support of a political party's ideology.

We built highways, move away from the boonies if you want to prosper. If you wanna struggle in Arkansas or inner city Chicago, live with your choice. Everyone has the internet and is aware there is a better alternative.

Last edited:
Also, protip: Instead of BLM, just convince y'all that not arguing amongst yourselves at the top of your lungs while being on public transportation will probably help your cause more. That and rap really sucks the past 15 years, just ditch it. We peaked at Doggiestyle/Chronic. Let it go and advance and embrace Simon and Garfunkel or something.

The NYC thing with Felix Hernandez was disgusting. The BLM/PH problem is the standard crying wolf thing. When you get bent out of shape over every police incident involving a black suspect, the rest of the country just tunes you out eventually.

I'm far from a conservative preaching, I'm a liberal preaching at fellow liberals to stop sucking.

Last edited:
Also, protip: Instead of BLM, just convince y'all that not arguing amongst yourselves at the top of your lungs while being on public transportation will probably help your cause more. That and rap really sucks the past 15 years, just ditch it. We peaked at Doggiestyle/Chronic. Let it go and advance and embrace Simon and Garfunkel or something.

The NYC thing with Felix Hernandez was disgusting. The BLM/PH problem is the standard crying wolf thing. When you get bent out of shape over every police incident involving a black suspect, the rest of the country just tunes you out eventually.

I'm far from a conservative preaching, I'm a liberal preaching at fellow liberals to stop sucking.

Congrats on the engagement, palma. Big year for you.

Not really. Don't incentivize it, when what happens is what people feared would happen it will help change behavior.

You can't convince me illegal immigration isn't a problem. I got engaged to one a few days ago.

She's at work now and comes home with $150 a night. That's double the poverty limit and she's doing it without a SS card or any documents showing work eligibility. She's at an Asian restaurant serving $8 entrees working 30 hours a week, getting paid $5 an hour under the California minimum wage. If she can do it, so can any person born here, black/brown or whatever.

Jhmd's safety net rants aren't wrong no matter how much it annoys y'all to hear. If I can admit as much when it affects the person I asked to marry me a few days ago, you can admit as much when the only reason you don't is to not lose an argument on a message board in support of a political party's ideology.

We built highways, move away from the boonies if you want to prosper. If you wanna struggle in Arkansas or inner city Chicago, live with your choice. Everyone has the internet and is aware there is a better alternative.

Then put your money where your mouth is. Turn her ass in. You can't really complain about illegal immigration if you are planning to marry an illegal immigrant.

Why not link the actual bipartisan proposal just made yesterday that will most likely be the backbone to negotiate around instead of the one that's 6 months old and was ignored.

And another poll with similar results. Solid work Donald.

Palma is a liberal like RJ is a moderate.

Or that mdmh can read and comprehend the English language.

I know I'm going to piss off palma with this admonition, but here goes. MHB, mdmh, never play poker with palma. If he can suck you in this easily on a message board, think of what he do to you when money is involved.

Back