• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte Politics

Voted at lunch - only two other people in the building, other than volunteers. Haven't heard of a single person at my office having voted, or seen any stickers. My boss was annoyed that I wasn't available to hop in a meeting, because I was voting.

Yay America.

Voted at lunch - only two other people in the building, other than volunteers. Haven't heard of a single person at my office having voted, or seen any stickers. My boss was annoyed that I wasn't available to hop in a meeting, because I was voting.

Yay America.

That sucks. All the more reason Election Day should be over the entire weekend.

This country's going to hell in a handbasket !

At least now he can focus on his NBA on TNT duties.

Through happy tears she described her excitement and what it means to be elected the city’s first black female mayor.

"I hope we use to it recruit business," Lyles said. "They are going to say 'who is your mayor?' And I want people to say 'look we have this black woman and she's ready to work with you!' That’s what I want it to be about, job recruitment."

Good grief.

I mean, is there a groundswell of excitement from the business community to locate jobs in cities with black female mayors ? Be proud of the accomplishment but don't diminish it by showing people you have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Looks like he got bit by the "southern white guys are racist asshole Trump supporters" bug going around. Wonder why? Poor fellow.

Good grief.

I mean, is there a groundswell of excitement from the business community to locate jobs in cities with black female mayors ? Be proud of the accomplishment but don't diminish it by showing people you have no idea what you're talking about.

As I mentioned earlier, the Observer's endorsement of her was basically only because she is a black woman. For better or for worse, it is really her only redeeming qualification, she might as well play it up. Lord knows she doesn't have much else of substance to offer.

As I mentioned earlier, the Observer's endorsement of her was basically only because she is a black woman. For better or for worse, it is really her only redeeming qualification, she might as well play it up. Lord knows she doesn't have much else of substance to offer.

You are an amazing person.

Looks like he got bit by the "southern white guys are racist asshole Trump supporters" bug going around. Wonder why? Poor fellow.

Demographics moreso, but write your own story.

I mean other than her degrees in political science and public administration and her decade of experience as asst city manager.

I mean other than her degrees in political science and public administration and her decade of experience as asst city manager.

That pretty much qualifies every Tribble warrior for mayor. Assistant City Manager is basically a clerical job, there are numerous people in that position at any given time and they are relatively low on the totem pole. Making the jump to mayor is like promoting the Assistant to the Traveling Secretary to General Manager. Her City Council experience would be more relevant, except for the fact that she spent most meetings either asleep in her chair or asking nonsensical questions that derailed the relevant conversation.

Good grief.

LOL. Triggered. All she was saying is she's a black woman and she's ready to recruit business.

No wonder you all are so sad. This dude is on your city council now.
braxton1-2-800x430.jpg

http://www.wbtv.com/story/36790543/...ston-wins-charlotte-city-council-at-large-bid

That’s not what she said, maybe that’s what she meant. I really hope when corporations ask about the mayor someone doesn’t answer she’s a black woman and she wants all your jobs !

But yeah running through the street with no shirt yelling at the police during an event that destroyed lots of property, included looting, and left one person dead is a non traditional way to kick off a City Council campaign around here.

Vi was more traditional in her approach with a big “Vote For Me” magnet on the side of her SUV and hanging out at Harris Teeter.

LOL. Isn't that how democracy is supposed to work? An activist put his money where his mouth was and ran for office and now he can make a different through the system.

No, having the National Guard called on you is not how democracy is supposed to work. I don't necessarily disagree with most of what's in his platform. I just don't want to pay for it, especially when the Republicans in Congress are preparing to fuck me on my property tax deduction.

Last edited:
Back