• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte Politics

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
The best politics in the world.

Charlotte's getting a new mayor as Jennifer Roberts has lost in the primary. She was terrible and will not be missed.

Vi Lyles v. Kenny Smith in November. Gonna be good. I think Kenny Smith was hoping Roberts would win the primary because she's such an awful candidate. Lyles will be tough.

Thank God. Of course, having that dipshit Kenny Smith as mayor ain't going to bring back the #incline.

Kenny Smith is a pompous ass. That said, Vi Lyles is an idiot. I guess I will take the ass over the idiot.

ETA: either one of them is better than brainless Jennifer Roberts, so it is a net win either way.

I'd say you've exaggerated characteristics of each candidate. Kenny's definitely playing up the fear factor in his campaign.

Do you even live in Charlotte ?

I'd say you've exaggerated characteristics of each candidate. Kenny's definitely playing up the fear factor in his campaign.

Do you even live in Charlotte ?

I was talking from my personal interaction with them, their public persona may be different.

And my primary residence is not in Charlotte, but I pay more in Charlotte property taxes than most Charlotteans and my kids go to school in Charlotte, so I'm happy to voice my opinion. Luckily Roy Cooper doesn't think there is any of that #voterfraud, so the vote goes where it goes.

Your opinion is always welcome in our forum 2&2 !

Just read that primary losers Patsy Kinsey and Claire Fallon are 76 and 83 years old respectively. Fallon said 17 months ago that she wasn't going to run again, btw.

Patty Kinsey lost to a friend of mine whose dad is a Deac.

Kinda crazy that a 34-year old dude can go head to head with a 76-year old little old lady. People in Diggler's hood turned out to vote against Kinsey.

I saw Tariq Scott Bokhari at AG Middle School yesterday evening, campaigning up until polls closed.

Ding dong, the witch is dead.

EDITORIALS
Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts’ record catches up to her
THE OBSERVER EDITORIAL BOARD

SEPTEMBER 12, 2017 10:08 PM

Her retail politicking was overmatched by the reputation for wobbly leadership she’d built up over the past two years. Her hesitant response to the Keith Scott shooting and its aftermath made her look weak, and was probably especially unpopular with the African-American voters who make up a large part of the Democratic primary electorate. Her unbending stance on the city’s non-discrimination ordinance, while principled, turned off some moderates who believed she could have done more to soften the legislature’s punitive response.

It wasn’t only those crises that impeded Roberts’ ability to achieve any agenda in her lone term. Her political approach strained relationships with council members, who hold most of the power.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/editorials/article172992606.html

I was talking from my personal interaction with them, their public persona may be different.

And my primary residence is not in Charlotte, but I pay more in Charlotte property taxes than most Charlotteans and my kids go to school in Charlotte, so I'm happy to voice my opinion. Luckily Roy Cooper doesn't think there is any of that #voterfraud, so the vote goes where it goes.

Wait, you have a second home in Charlotte? I'm confused.

Back