• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football - it's happening

Agreed. If he leaves it means we had a good year and were built back up well from when he took over.

I agree too. I really like Clawson, I think he was a great hire, but if he has enough success here to get an offer he accepts then enjoy the ride, wish him luck and we'll welcome a new head coach.

First duty of our new coach should be to dismiss App State from the schedule.

Gimme Sawvel and call it a day.

My top 3 would be, in no particular order:
Sawvel
Elko
Troy Calhoun

and if we can get them...get the Mad Hatter...he's probably got a few more years in him even at 64

Clawson is here for a few more years. It is much harder to win the ACC now than in 2006. I would settle for a 7 win season with an upset win. Keep building

Sawvel
Elko
Troy Calhoun

and if we can get them...get the Mad Hatter...he's probably got a few more years in him even at 64

Those are your dream top 3?

The price of excommunicating bkf from the Safe Space may be having to see Dave Clawson in Volunteer Orange.

Sawvel
Elko
Troy Calhoun

Fedora? Why would he leave the best job in college football? No way Les Miles coaches against his own son.

Hannah sounds like a student reporter who covers the press conferences. She often has an off-beat sort of question for Clawson. This week's question was actually a good one.
Hannah is the Director of multimedia for Wake. She was a equipment manager under Grobe when she was a student and hired by the university after graduating. Shes my cousin is the only way I know . but didn't realized she always gets to ask her " non football related question" every week. Pretty cool coach Claw includes her like that.

Hannah is the Director of multimedia for Wake. She was a equipment manager under Grobe when she was a student and hired by the university after graduating. Shes my cousin is the only way I know . but didn't realized she always gets to ask her " non football related question" every week. Pretty cool coach Claw includes her like that.

Since she came from Grobe's staff it's obvious why she's only allowed "non-football" related questions.

We joke about this but one does have to wonder how much of the offensive boost can be credited to ditching Elrod, moving indoors, and completely closing practices.

We joke about this but one does have to wonder how much of the offensive boost can be credited to ditching Elrod, moving indoors, and completely closing practices.

I firmly believe Elrod gave info on every game for multiple years. We should have ended open practices long ago.

Clawson is here for a few more years. It is much harder to win the ACC now than in 2006. I would settle for a 7 win season with an upset win. Keep building

If Wake wins 7 or 8 games he's in the running for ACC COY and would likely have a decent level of national attention. I could see that bumping him to the top of a program's hire list.

I firmly believe Elrod gave info on every game for multiple years. We should have ended open practices long ago.

Agree. On his ACC teleconference this week, Clawson stated that we'll likely never know the full extent of Elrod's actions, as we only know what we had direct evidence of. Elrod clearly wanted to sabotage every game he could. I don't think he restricted his contacts to buddies.

Agree. On his ACC teleconference this week, Clawson stated that we'll likely never know the full extent of Elrod's actions, as we only know what we had direct evidence of. Elrod clearly wanted to sabotage every game he could. I don't think he restricted his contacts to buddies.

I don't know about that. Somebody, somewhere was likely to have some integrity and notify Clawson.

On the other hand, probably not.

The numbers are telling:

Pre-discovery of Elrod's transgressions:

In Clawson's first 36 games before Elrod was exposed, WF scored 34 or more points twice (Elon and Presby). Against FBS opponents, WF scored 33 against Indiana, and other than that one game, WF never scored more than 28 points in 33 games against FBS teams. WF averaged a pathetic 16.6 points per game, and scored 14 or less points an incredible 16 times (almost half of WF's games against FBS teams).

Post-discovery of Elrod's transgressions:

In 4 games (3 against FBS teams), WF has scored at least 34 points in every game, and has averaged 41 points a game

Last edited:
Disagree. Clawson likes turning around fb programs. He also relishes what some consider difficult challenges. I think we have him for several more years. I could only see him going to a much larger school with a storied fb tradition that has fallen very far.

Nebraska ?

Back