• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football - it's happening

I think our start provides a good indication of how good we are, but we also play a very difficult schedule.

Our FPI right now is 35 and our projected record is 6.7-5.3

A 7 win Wake team based on quality of team should play in a pretty good bowl game. We wouldn't but we should.

Our remaining SOS is 2.

Last edited:
I still think Carney is the best of the bunch. But would be happy to see each guy get 1/3 of the carries.

I think carries will depend on who is hot. Byrd had 19 and Carney had 6.

I'm worried the first three games aren't a good measure of how good we are. Still think, even with a win next week, that we struggle to get more than six wins in this schedule.
Booooooooooooooo this man!

I'm thinking 6 is a lock, 7 is likely and 8 is dreaming

We really have to win the first four to have a shot at six. If we don't win first four, the one loss (now would be App) shows that we may not be strong enough to win another three w/ our schedule. Winning first three (!) doesn't mean we'll win 7 or 8. It means we have a better chance at six. Now, if we win first five, that speaks volumes. Still Deacs wait and see. But we're looking good for first four and then we need the big upset.

We got 2 votes in the AP poll today.
Folks are starting to notice us.
Go Deacs

6-month board ban says we don't go better than 2-7 in the last nine games. 6-6 or better and I'm gone for six months. 5-7 or worse and you're gone for six months.

Any takers?

Why would you want to make a bet to keep people from posting on a board where you participate. You seem miserable. There is a much easier way if you want to avoid reading what someone posts for six months.

Don't say "we," you miserable old man, you forfeited that right a long time ago.

bobknightfan

Are you as concerned as I am that 2 Notre Dame running backs ran for over 200 yards against Boston College yet we had so much trouble moving the ball against them?

Or do you agree with the guys on here that we don't show everything, don't always try our hardest, and Notre Dame shows everything, never takes a play off and is trying to win pretty to save their coaches job?

I'm asking you because you seem to come in here with good takes (and many folks privately PM me that I have great takes too) and some of the young guys who don't have maybe some of the insight you have just tend to criticize you since they don't have anything intelligent to say.

Anyway it just seems like the way Notre Dame pushed BC around maybe we should be concerned that we couldn't do that?

bobknightfan

Are you as concerned as I am that 2 Notre Dame running backs ran for over 200 yards against Boston College yet we had so much trouble moving the ball against them?

Or do you agree with the guys on here that we don't show everything, don't always try our hardest, and Notre Dame shows everything, never takes a play off and is trying to win pretty to save their coaches job?

I'm asking you because you seem to come in here with good takes (and many folks privately PM me that I have great takes too) and some of the young guys who don't have maybe some of the insight you have just tend to criticize you since they don't have anything intelligent to say.

Anyway it just seems like the way Notre Dame pushed BC around maybe we should be concerned that we couldn't do that?

Notre Dame has two first round draft picks on their O Line

Notre Dame has two first round draft picks on their O Line

Yes and we don't so I guess it's obvious that since we don't have those type players we are going to struggle against the better teams. Apparently Notre Dame has good running backs too because two of them ran for over 200 yards against BC.

And while it's true that this has something to do with the linemen good linemen don't always translate to a bunch of running yards. Dallas has had a great Oline for years and Zeke Elliott runs up and down the field but when he's out of the game McFadden and anyone else they have don't seem to do anything.

So everyone agrees it takes both a good oline and a good running back and the way Notre Dame had no trouble dominating the running game against BC and we did has everyone concerned.

Why does bkf have to be a sour dick about everything Wake? Just go "way to go guys, just keep plugging away". Instead it's "bootstraps and fuck millennials".

He he really needs to give up Wake boards or go back to scout or just join city data Randleman boards and share his displeasure there.

Crazy that we really haven't played that well and our oline hasn't pushed anyone around and yet we win the turnover battle and win easily three weeks on a row.

And with this being the worst appy state team in forever we could do that again this week.

We must have the easiest schedule for the first four games of any power 5 conference

Back