• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football - it's happening

I propose the perma-ban go into effect exactly 24 hours following the conclusion of the game that clinches defeat

so for instance if the NCSU game is either the 7th defeat or 6th victory of the year, the loser will have 24 hours to say his goodbyes following the end of the game

I don't think there has ever been a higher stakes wager on the boards.

Townie vs. BKF. Oldish vs. Youngish. Battle of two boards legends. Heroes in their own rights. This ultimate showdown has been years in the making.

The Deacs are now playing for far more than they knew at the beginning of the season.

This is starting to sound like the Chicago debate on the basketball recruit thread...

More relavent, someone on page one raised a question just asked of me during a phone call 30 minutes ago... we've looked good pretty much on both sides of the line but is it an indication we are better or the quality and issues of our opponents?

My response was two fold.... first we have beat all three with ease. Even against weaker foes in recent years we have either lost (BC last year, LSU-Monroe to name two) or won only by close margins. This indicates a huge improvement to me. Second, I think we have improved play at all the "skill" positions especially receivers.

So like what I am seeing. As always, health of players is a key during the course of any season.

its REALLY gonna suck when Maria causes us to cancel the FSU game, and we end up 5-6

I don't think there has ever been a higher stakes wager on the boards.

Townie vs. BKF. Oldish vs. Youngish. Battle of two boards legends. Heroes in their own rights. This ultimate showdown has been years in the making.

The Deacs are now playing for far more than they knew at the beginning of the season.

The Deacs are now playing for the future of these here rj karl boards. Will we turn into a place of hope and cheesy beards for all or dark times, patricide, and pessimism at every turn? This season just got a lot more interesting.

Addendum: once either one of BKF or Townie dies, the permabanned member, if not the dead one, can return. However, if homicide is suspected, this clause is nullified.

They moved Miami and Florida to another date. I don't think the UCF games are being made up if a date isn't found. They can be made up but don't have to be.

They moved Miami and Florida to another date. I don't think the UCF games are being made up if a date isn't found. They can be made up but don't have to be.

Didn't know this, thanks. I'd hope a bowl hopeful team is able to squeeze in their full schedule even if it means playing on their bye week.

I think Miami-FSU got moved to the week after the Wake-FSU game.

I believe the rule is you have to be .500 or above if you play fewer than 12 games but I don't know that for certain

I'm about the same age as BKF. There are two kinds of old white men. One is the " get off my lawn" grumpy old fucks and then there are others who take joy in the exuberance of youth that comes behind us. Science also plays apart. Grumpy old man syndrome is well defined in the psych literature. Usually associated with the lessening of testosterone production. As I have gotten old it's increasingly hard to tolerate dumb fucks, but BFK has everyone under thirty in that category. So I vote we contribute to a massive testosterone dose for BKF and bring him back to a normal societal range.

I propose the perma-ban go into effect exactly 24 hours following the conclusion of the game that clinches defeat

so for instance if the NCSU game is either the 7th defeat or 6th victory of the year, the loser will have 24 hours to say his goodbyes following the end of the game

That works for me.

This is that time of year when Wake fans begin to dream of huge successes ... We do this most every year .. one month later reality starts to set in.
so if we can continue to to go undefeated will we make the BCS

Well that escalated quickly. So long BKF, weird that you can't take enjoyment at good kids winning some ball games.

FWIW, we are gonna go 7-5 or 8-4 deacs are on the rise doing it the right way!

It might be a scorched earth thread for the ages

Back