• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football - it's happening

BKF: I am a peer of yours and have followed the Deacs since 1952. I also got to wear a Deacon uniform for a season. I don't recall the amazing details of all the contests that you do, but recall a good number of them (most). I enjoy your recalling them. You have been a huge Deac fan and supporter and we need people like you. So, Gene Hooks caused Carl Tacy to leave after not supporting him properly. A very dirty deal in your mind. But he was also there when 'Bones' left ( maybe that was Gibson) , and did fire Jackie Murdock too soon (later acknowledged he did). I assume Dr. Hooks was doing what he thought was best for Wake with the limitations he had. ( As a Baseball AA and member of our '55 Nat Champs, I have to feel he cared for Wake)

It's a new day in the ACC (not all good) and we have more money relative to our conference peers, than we ever had from 1953-> the new ACC. We can compete and seems to have coaches now that are making that happen. Last year was good year across the board. This year is off to a promising start.

Re-set yourself, and come back to and rejoin the fold. Many want you to do so. Cancel those crazy bets - even if should you win, we don't want to lose the other guys!!!

Wish you could use "Doc" Murphy as your role model. Remember, he would go up and down the aisle when things looked bad with his straw hat and umbrella saying "We got them where we want them" , and don't give up.

BKF is right about one thing - Gene Hooks was a POS. Glad he is gone. I will never understand why he was admired by many. An absolute terrible AD.

Glad you reposted that, as I would not otherwise have seen it.

I will take that wager, too. Townie, you are on. If Wake goes 6-6 or better, I am gone forever. If they go 5-7 or worse, you are gone forever.

The way I see it, Wake needs to beat App State, Duke & Syracuse to get to 6-6. They're not going to beat FSU, Clemson, Louisville, Notre Dame, Ga Tech or NC State.

QFP for when this post in inevitably deleted.

QFP for when this post in inevitably deleted.

I know that makes for a nice little joke, but you've about ridden that horse into the ground. It has been two years now (Oct 15, 2015 to be exact) since I have deleted a post.....and there are still 4,571 of them out there for you.

ETA: Also, Townie & DeacisGo have already reposted it. Are you concerned that they are also deleting posts?

Last edited:
I know that makes for a nice little joke, but you've about ridden that horse into the ground. It has been two years now (Oct 15, 2015 to be exact) since I have deleted a post.....and there are still 4,571 of them out there for you.

image.png

Is there anything more millennial than blocking posters who say things you don't like?

BKF was a snowflake before anyone even knew what a snowflake was.

Damn. I hopped on this thread thinking it was a conversation about how everyone was excited after the first three weeks of the season. Talk about your all-time backfires.

back to the topic...it's happening, and with only 6 senior starters (plus Weaver)

we're going to be pretty good next year

Damn. I hopped on this thread thinking it was a conversation about how everyone was excited after the first three weeks of the season. Talk about your all-time backfires.

To be fair, all but one poster is excited.

Regardless of the thread hijacking, I've got to say that I am on the verge of being legitimately excited about this team. Solid across all position groups, and we've added some game-breaking ability in Dortch and Byrd. This team has the look of some of the Grobe pre-Orange Bowl teams that were good enough to be in just about every game and were better than they got credit for (from both the media and opposing fan bases).

Regardless of the thread hijacking, I've got to say that I am on the verge of being legitimately excited about this team. Solid across all position groups, and we've added some game-breaking ability in Dortch and Byrd. This team has the look of some of the Grobe pre-Orange Bowl teams that were good enough to be in just about every game and were better than they got credit for (from both the media and opposing fan bases).

This team is what the post-Seattle Bowl teams should have been instead of 4 and 5 win teams that continually fell short. We probably won't win the ACC Championship, but this could easily be our best team since 2006.

Last edited:
There is an irony in the statement that only the older posters, me included, May appreciate. I don't know for sure, but I think BKF is older than I or about my brother's age. My brother was at the tail end of the hippies and mainly hippy wanna-bes.

That group use to proclaim that anyone older than 30 should be killed (no establishment ). Now above 65, the cry is all folks under 30 are worthless.

Times have changed but the song still remains essentially the same...

And what is special about July 15, 1985?

Was wondering the same thing. Tacy fired/allowed to retire after some disagreement with the AD?

Will boob be banned too?

Most all are, but many can't stay away from the flame that is BKF. They say they can't tolerate him, but...

This thread seems to indeed confirm that people can't tolerate him. People are willing to ban themselves from the board to rid themselves of the plague that is Wake-loathing, far lefty turned far righty, Donald supporting, everyone hating BKF.

Unfortunately he took a mental turn within the last couple years after some health issues and hasn't been the same since. Some seem to enjoy the new Bob, most shake their head at what once was and never will be again.

Can someone confirm that the ban would apply to all boards? I would hate to see him try to keep posting on the Pit and the Tunnels based on the technicality that the ban only applied to the Sports Board.

This team is what the post-Seattle Bowl teams should have been instead of 4 and 5 win teams that continually fell short. We probably won't win the ACC Championship, but this could easily be our best team since 2006.

I agree. As long as we hold up at linebacker, we are solid.

Can someone confirm that the ban would apply to all boards? I would hate to see him try to keep posting on the Pit and the Tunnels based on the technicality that the ban only applied to the Sports Board.

Can we have an entire thread devoted to this? I'd enjoy it.

Back