• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football - it's happening

Our biggest weaknesses so far are LBs, OL, and CBs, probably in that order. Our safeties and DL help cover up for the other two spots on D, and Wolford's running ability has helped mask the relative weakness of the OL. That being said, the OL is clearly better than it has been in any year since at least 2011, if not 2007. I also think the CBs will improve over time this season.

Agreed. But even so, our LBs are covered somewhat by our scheme so there are only two on the field. As you note, our scheme and Wolford's decision making and running ability help mask the OL. And the CB have promise. And none of those units look flat out bad which they have in the past.

Those that make a living betting on football like WF too. The App line opened at WF -3.5. The line has jumped to -5.

Agree that WF's LB's and CB's are vulnerable, and the OL will struggle against elite DLs. Bottom line is that Clawson knows what he is doing, and WF now has a senior QB who no longer makes mistakes, a few weapons to work with, and is getting time. Barring injuries, WF is going to be a tough out against everyone except probably at Clemson. There are a ton of losable games left on the schedule (pretty much every remaining game), but all of those same games, but one, are winnable. Legit hope. Really good feeling to have.

So fun to have a competitive football team.

Those that make a living betting on football like WF too. The App line opened at WF -3.5. The line has jumped to -5.

Agree that WF's LB's CB's are vulnerable, and the OL will struggle against elite DLs. Bottom line is that Clawson knows what he is doing, and WF now has a senior QB who no longer makes mistakes, a few weapons to work with, and is getting time. Barring injuries, WF is going to be a tough out against everyone except probably at Clemson. There are a ton of losable games left on the schedule (pretty much every remaining game), but all of those same games, but one, are winnable. Legit hope. Really good feeling to have.

So fun to have a competitive football team.

I agree, the only game I don't think we've really got any chance is against Clemson. The rest I feel like we've got at least a chance. Credit to Dabo, he's making Clemson into the ACC's Alabama.

I agree, the only game I don't think we've really got any chance is against Clemson. The rest I feel like we've got at least a chance. Credit to Dabo, he's making Clemson into the ACC's Alabama.

Yeah. I do think we'll play Clemson as tough as anybody else in the conference will. I'm thinking 28-13 or so.

But will we finally score a TD against FSU?

Probably. I still think it will be a low scoring game if Blackman struggles against State. Something like 17-13 either way.

Sounds like Clawson wouldn't mind if Utah State drops off the 2019 schedule.

Frankly I think it's a little early to say we may be weak at certain positions. I don't see a big drop off in the lb's or db's. As a matter of fact while we may have lost some guys, I think overall w may be even quicker. As the new guys gain experience we will be even better. Obviously the ol will be a question until we play better teams.

Our biggest weaknesses so far are LBs, OL, and CBs, probably in that order. Our safeties and DL help cover up for the other two spots on D, and Wolford's running ability has helped mask the relative weakness of the OL. That being said, the OL is clearly better than it has been in any year since at least 2011, if not 2007. I also think the CBs will improve over time this season.

The CBs have exceeded my expectations.

Yeah, particularly with the earlier discussed penchant for homer penalties against us @Clemson if we're threatening to win there. I'd feel different if we had them at BB&T, but still a long shot.

Bassey and Henderson are looking pretty damn good early on.

I think the linebacking group is weaker than last year, but Jaboree has looked pretty damn good so far this season as well.

Time will tell.

Who is Hannah and why was it a big deal she asked a question? She did have the best question about the false starts.

Not sure, but Clawson likes to banter with her during his press conferences. Last week, she asked "which involves heavier precipitation a drizzle or sprinkle"?

Hannah sounds like a student reporter who covers the press conferences. She often has an off-beat sort of question for Clawson. This week's question was actually a good one.

Back