• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football - it's happening

Wake now up to an 80% chance to go 6-6 or better per Football Study Hall. So yeah a 4 in 5 shot that BKF will get a six month ban based on current "odds."

55% odds of winning 7 or more.

6-month board ban says we don't go better than 2-7 in the last nine games. 6-6 or better and I'm gone for six months. 5-7 or worse and you're gone for six months.

Any takers?

Strange time to make this bet. Clawson has us back to the Grobe days when we could beat anyone on any given day. Not to say we'll win 7-8 games, or even 6 for that matter but it almost seems like you are ready for a boards hiatus regardless because the odds are stacked against you here.

Also, do you really not like Wake Football? These are good kids who go to class and make a difference in the community. We also get very few penalties which shows they're disciplined and know the game. Level with me, what do you have against our team, and why do you feel that way?

to be fair to bkf, when he talks about Wake settling for a lesser level of competition, he speaks from experience

Strange time to make this bet. Clawson has us back to the Grobe days when we could beat anyone on any given day. Not to say we'll win 7-8 games, or even 6 for that matter but it almost seems like you are ready for a boards hiatus regardless because the odds are stacked against you here.

Also, do you really not like Wake Football? These are good kids who go to class and make a difference in the community. We also get very few penalties which shows they're disciplined and know the game. Level with me, what do you have against our team, and why do you feel that way?

Do you honestly care? I sure dont.

BKF is one of those people that cares (far) more about being "right" than the success of a program, school, coach or individual. Effort, drive, character does not matter. BKF staked out his position that WF will always suck in football, and lives to stick that position in our faces at every turn; so, all that matters is hammering home that position; kill all hope. A very sad perspective, and so misguided to think that change never will come.

I've always been a BKF fan around here but the dude is starting to disappoint. What I thought was innocent tunnels trolling has turned into a way of life. Hell, I even thought he has had a point with some of his Wake related sports takes over the years.

Flat out pulling for us to lose to hammer home a point is just sad though.

T's and P's your way BKF. You were my homeboy at one point.

I've always been a BKF fan around here but the dude is starting to disappoint. What I thought was innocent tunnels trolling has turned into a way of life. Hell, I even thought he has had a point with some of his Wake related sports takes over the years.

Flat out pulling for us to lose to hammer home a point is just sad though.

T's and P's your way BKF. You were my homeboy at one point.

July 15, 1985.

what's the protocol? Do we have two takers? that would give bkf better odds than he proposed

so is it 6 months for bkf vs. 3 months each for JCAS and CS88?

I'll do six months for each player if I lose. So far, I'm up to one year if I lose.

(Or I will do it the other way...6 months vs 3 months + 3 months, etc. Either way is fine with me.)

I would raise the stakes if BKF would accept. Same bet, if Wake wins 5 games or fewer, I'll take a perma-ban. If Wake wins 6+ he's perma-banned.

AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Glad you reposted that, as I would not otherwise have seen it.

I will take that wager, too. Townie, you are on. If Wake goes 6-6 or better, I am gone forever. If they go 5-7 or worse, you are gone forever.

The way I see it, Wake needs to beat App State, Duke & Syracuse to get to 6-6. They're not going to beat FSU, Clemson, Louisville, Notre Dame, Ga Tech or NC State.

I will take that wager, too. Townie, you are on. If Wake goes 6-6 or better, I am gone forever. If they go 5-7 or worse, you are gone forever.

The way I see it, Wake needs to beat App State, Duke & Syracuse to get to 6-6. They're not going to beat FSU, Clemson, Louisville, Notre Dame, Ga Tech or NC State.

Deal. Mods gotta enforce.

Bob I can't let you do this (locks in freezer)... it's for your own good

Also if the game were played today Wake would be around a 5 point favorite over State based on #metrics #thanksKenPom

Football Study Hall says odds Wake wins at least one of those six games BKF says Wake won't win is 91.9%.

Back