• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crisis in Puerto Rico

Update:

78% having water is better than I expected. Likely means even those without it working in their homes can get it somewhere reasonably?

Last edited:
They're not stupid. They know Republicans won't hold them accountable.

Y'all really give a fuck though. Like for real. You may have even shared a Facebook post about it

tintin, some of those people you think are Mexicans are actually Puerto Ricans and Puerto Ricans are Americans just like you and me.

Y'all really give a fuck though. Like for real. You may have even shared a Facebook post about it

Yes. Hundreds of thousands of Americans without power and potable water concerns me. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability the federal government does to fix it, and I'm fairly sure two dudes in Idaho with a no bid contract do either.

Scummy contact has been cancelled. After filling the swamp last November, we got a cup of water removed.

Unlike saint Tintin

tintin, some of those people you think are Mexicans are actually Puerto Ricans and Puerto Ricans are Americans just like you and me.

Yes. Hundreds of thousands of Americans without power and potable water concerns me. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability the federal government does to fix it, and I'm fairly sure two dudes in Idaho with a no bid contract do either.

Guess tintin was right

10 days and no more coverage on Puerto Rico? I guess they've got water now and people have stopped dying so we no longer can slam Trump for it, so it's past our attention span limit. Googling "what % of puerto ricans have water" showed no results from the past few weeks, but changing water to power got a few more hits.

Anyone have an actual update who has been following the story past the point where it was some sort of referendum on Trump?

Last edited:

FYI - 2 of your 4 links don't work

1 of the 2 that did work indicated that people are waiting for some answers about that ridiculous Whitefish contract and PR people are stalling. Makes sense we'd figure out the problem on that one before appropriating more taxpayer funds. The other link that worked was a fluff piece for the Hamilton guy.

Last edited:
By the way, I've heard each of those stories this week during the hourly updates on NPR.

They just announced yesterday that FEMA is airlifting people to the mainland and putting them up in hotels. I find the easiest way to find out the latest about Puerto Rico is to go to David Begnaud's twitter feed.

Let's move all the Puerto Ricans to FL and see what happens in elections.

welp, down to 18% with power.

Back