• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crisis in Puerto Rico

When the most a media that utterly hates you can come up with is some sexist bullshit about your wife's choice of footwear, you did an excellent job.

LOL. You're ignoring a lot, for example, the topic of this thread.

Guys guys settle down, Puerto Rico was just dedicated a presidents cup golf trophy, everything is better now.

Trump the moron said:

Many people haven't heard of a Category 5.
The Governor of Puerto Rico supported my actions even though he's not a member of my party- The Gov is a Republican
Congressman can you say some nice things about what is happening in Puerto Rico

A real storm like Katrina as compared to this.

Last edited:
Trump acknowledged everyone in Puerto Rico (including Linda McMahon and OMB Director Mick Mulvaney) but refused to acknowledge the Mayor of San Juan. She was the only pol not allowed to speak. What a childish bastard Trump is and always will be.

what an embarrassment to Americans. i thought W was bad but Trump has lowered the bar to a whole new level.

Donald is a piece of shit and so are many people who voted for him. Clinton took shit for it but deplorables they are indeed

I wonder if Stephen Paddock thought the people he was shooting were deplorable.

I dunno. Is a prerequisite for thinking something is deplorable that you also have to wound 600 people? Missed that in the dictionary

https://www.vox.com/2017/10/3/16411488/trump-remarks-puerto-rico

President Donald Trump met with local leaders and federal responders shortly after landing at an Air Force base in Carolina, Puerto Rico, for what was supposed to be a briefing on the situation on the island.
Instead, Trump turned it into an opportunity to congratulate himself and the federal government's response to the disaster and to say the island should be “very proud” of its low official death count.
He downplayed throughout his remarks how dire things are in Puerto Rico, where more than half of the people on the island don't have power, running water or cell phone service two weeks after the Category 4 storm tore through.
"We have gone all out for Puerto Rico," Trump said during the televised briefing Tuesday. "It's not only dangerous, it's expensive."
And while Puerto Rico clearly needs much more aid — including help from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to repair its damaged infrastructure — Trump decided to focus on how much money it had already spent.
"You've thrown our budget out of whack," he said. "We've spend a lot of money in Puerto Rico."
The most uncomfortable part of his remarks came when he began to compare Puerto Rico to Hurricane Katrina based on how many people had died, implying what was happening in Puerto Rico wasn’t a “real catastrophe.”
“If you look at the — every death is a horror, but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina and you look at the tremendous hundreds and hundreds of people that died and what happened here with a storm that was just totally over bearing. No one has ever seen anything like that. What is your death count?"
"16," responded Governor Ricardo Rosselló.
"16 certified," Trump said, and then told all leaders assembled that they should all be "very proud."
The reality is that the death count is far higher, as my colleague Eliza Barclay has noted. The situation is so bad in Puerto Rico that the government can't even issue death certificates to count the dead.

Back