• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crisis in Puerto Rico

Oxfam slams US response in Puerto Rico as 'slow, inadequate'

The organization primarily focuses on humanitarian aid in developing nations and rarely helps wealthy countries like the U.S., but it said it is making an exception as the situation in Puerto Rico worsens.

Maxman said the group will join with Puerto Rican leaders to work with Congress and federal agencies to organize relief efforts, adding that a team has been sent to San Juan to provide direct resources to residents, particularly in rural communities.

“The US has more than enough resources to mobilize an emergency response but has failed to do so in a swift and robust manner,” she said.

Trump in PR:

what an asshole 2020 cant get here fast enough. for fuck's sake, he epitomizes the concept of a human piece of shit.

I think trump throwing paper towels into a crowd has replaced him pretending to driving a truck for me.

I guarantee you that Trump has at least inquired into the possibility of severing US ties with Puerto Rico. You know that he would "fire" PR as a territory, if he could. I'm sure he doesn't view them as real Americans, and you can tell it really pisses him off that we are having to spend all of this money down there.

I guarantee you that Trump has at least inquired into the possibility of severing US ties with Puerto Rico. You know that he would "fire" PR as a territory, if he could. I'm sure he doesn't view them as real Americans, and you can tell it really pisses him off that we are having to spend all of this money down there.

The developer in him knows that land is going to be very profitable after all the Mexicans leave.

Reported death toll now up to 34.

Thoughts and prayers for all those who lost loved ones and who are struggling to get their lives back together after this disaster.

Far-right media make up Puerto Rican truck strike to absolve Trump over Hurricane Maria response

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2...-absolve-Trump-over-Hurricane-Maria-re/218105
On October 3, Trump appeared to allude to the false claim as he was leaving to tour the damage in Puerto Rico, telling reporters, “We need their truck drivers. Their drivers have to start driving trucks. We have to do that. So at a local level they have to give us more help.”

Awesome.

After this display even were I a rube supporter, I would just have to stop supporting. This is just mean, cruel, and embarrassing. How any Trumpsters can defend this is beyond me.

My co-worker has a family member that posted a story on Facebook from a guy in Puerto Rico saying everything was fine there, CNN and other news outlets are #fakenews.

Far-right media make up Puerto Rican truck strike to absolve Trump over Hurricane Maria response

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2...-absolve-Trump-over-Hurricane-Maria-re/218105

This is vile.

America's Great Savior, Donald J. Trump, President of the United States, flies to hurricane ravaged Puerto Rico to receive praise for his fragile ego, cite fake news stories pass the blame, and throw rolls of paper towels at a crowd for not a real catastrophe.

Last edited:
Back