• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crisis in Puerto Rico

I read something that said PR has had like 1000 earthquakes since the beginning of December. I shit you not! They said a number were very small, but they have also had a few larger than I would like to be part of. So strange

[h=1]New York Times: Trump considered selling Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria, former acting Homeland Security chief says[/h]
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/12/politics/trump-puerto-rico-hurricane-maria/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump considered the idea of selling Puerto Rico in 2017 after the island was devastated by Hurricane Maria, the former acting Homeland Security secretary told The New York Times in an interview published Friday.

"The President's initial ideas were more of as a businessman, you know," Elaine Duke, who was serving as DHS' acting secretary when the hurricane hit the island in September 2017, told the Times.
"'Can we outsource the electricity? Can we can we sell the island? You know, or divest of that asset?'" Trump reportedly said, according to Duke in the newspaper interview. "(She said the idea of selling Puerto Rico was never seriously considered or discussed after Mr. Trump raised it.)," the paper reported.

I know a married lesbian Puerto Rican who just adores him, and so does her wife. They both served in the military and think he's been great for the military. She's always posting stuff about how awful liberals are and how great Trump is on FB. Go figure.

They simply have no shame. He treats PR like shit after Hurricane Maria, has been recorded as privately asking his aides about the possibility of selling the island to another nation as it's a waste, doesn't seem to think Puerto Ricans are American citizens, and now he's going to try and bamboozle them with a last-minute aid package that may never be delivered, given the record of his administration. And yet it might work, as crazy as our politics are right now.

Back