• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crisis in Puerto Rico

lol yeah Trump isn't the GOPs fault. Nothing the GOP does is ever their fault. It's amazing, really.

I mentioned this on another thread some weeks ago, to BKF's ire, but I continue to find it amusing that the GOP, the party that so loudly proclaims the virtue of personal responsibility, refuses to take any credit or responsibility for Trump. Somehow, Trump's election is all the fault of liberals, even though it was liberals who opposed Trump from the beginning, repeatedly warned throughout 2016 that Trump was utterly unqualified to be president, and voted against him. On the other hand, the GOP nominated Trump, some 90% of Republicans voted for him last year - and yet they have no responsibility for his election. People who voted for Trump just had no choice in the matter, or so they say. Apparently, hatred of the Clintons and the possibility of a culturally liberal female president (after a culturally liberal black one), absolves them of any responsibility for their vote. The notion that you are responsible for your choices doesn't - if you're the GOP base - apply to the 2016 election. Go figure.

I mentioned this on another thread some weeks ago, to BKF's ire, but I continue to find it amusing that the GOP, the party that so loudly proclaims the virtue of personal responsibility, refuses to take any credit or responsibility for Trump. Somehow, Trump's election is all the fault of liberals, even though it was liberals who opposed Trump from the beginning, repeatedly warned throughout 2016 that Trump was utterly unqualified to be president, and voted against him. On the other hand, the GOP nominated Trump, some 90% of Republicans voted for him last year - and yet they have no responsibility for his election. People who voted for Trump just had no choice in the matter, or so they say. Apparently, hatred of the Clintons and the possibility of a culturally liberal female president (after a culturally liberal black one), absolves them of any responsibility for their vote. The notion that you are responsible for your choices doesn't - if you're the GOP base - apply to the 2016 election. Go figure.

Add it to the massive mountain of GOP hypocrisy. Or as Jon Stewart said, Bullshit Mountain.

It’s weird that they had a whole primary and everything of Trump running against people who, to my knowledge, were/are not Hillary Clinton.

Trump is their guy through and through. Just some of them have the guts to publicly own it.

The whole 'personal responsibility' term the right loves to throw around is incomplete and inadequate, and they treat it like a free pass to absolve themselves of other responsibilities they have. Historically, it bears no resemblance to true American life or ideals. It was made up to get conservatives elected. It was an appeal to the wallet of middle class white male snowflakes who politicians persuaded to see themselves as victims of over-taxation and over-regulation, blah blah. Its a hoodwink.

Being an American has always been about personal responsibility, AND responsibility to country. The greatest Americans and generations lived that way, not these sniveling Gordon Gecko wannabe snowflakes who run the right-wing echo chamber. Certainly not that flunkie wimp Paul Ryan.

I do have an obligation to personal responsibility that I have embraced and lived my life adhering to - I must financially take care of myself and my family to the very best of my ability.

But I also have a responsibility to my country. Not as a taker, but as a giver - to the best of my ability. Whether that is as big as military service risking life for my country, or as little as volunteering time or money to the benefit and betterment of the country and my countrymen - or even as little as voting for leaders who have the overall benefit of the country in their best interest, supporting policy that protects the environment, the health care of my fellow Americans, food and shelter for my fellow Americans, education and skills training for the American labor force, crisis management in natural disaster situations, reasonable gun laws to protect innocents, etc. A few more dollars out of my taxes will not send me crying ans stomping my feet and pointing fingers at people calling them lazy.

Last edited:
The whole 'personal responsibility' term the right loves to throw around is incomplete and inadequate, and they treat it like a free pass to absolve themselves of other responsibilities they have. Historically, it bears no resemblance to true American life or ideals. It was made up to get conservatives elected. It was an appeal to the wallet of middle class white male snowflakes who politicians persuaded to see themselves as victims of over-taxation and over-regulation, blah blah. Its a hoodwink.

Being an American has always been about personal responsibility, AND responsibility to country. The greatest Americans and generations lived that way, not these sniveling Gordon Gecko wannabe snowflakes who run the right-wing echo chamber. Certainly not that flunkie wimp Paul Ryan.

I do have an obligation to personal responsibility that I have embraced and lived my life adhering to - I must financially take care of myself and my family to the very best of my ability.

But I also have a responsibility to my country. Not as a taker, but as a giver - to the best of my ability. Whether that is as big as military service risking life for my country, or as little as volunteering time or money to the benefit and betterment of the country and my countrymen - or even as little as voting for leaders who have the overall benefit of the country in their best interest, supporting policy that protects the environment, the health care of my fellow Americans, food and shelter for my fellow Americans, education and skills training for the American labor force, crisis management in natural disaster situations, reasonable gun laws to protect innocents, etc. A few more dollars out of my taxes will not send me crying ans stomping my feet and pointing fingers at people calling them lazy.

Well stated

You mean beef jerky, Cheez-it and applesauce won't sustain you for ten days? You must be a glutton!

I thought this was America, people.

favorite tag...[name redacted] > trump

it's funny because it is true

Donald tweeted out we can’t leave people there forever and lots of these structural issues already existed. Imagine if he said that about Florida or even Idaho.

Just saw that. Never seen someone love chaos and controversy as much as this guy.

Back