• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pop's brilliance about race.

It was significantly lower (meaning two-parent homes were much higher then), because we didn't have racism in the 1950's.

Hmmm, so if there were more two parent homes in the black community in 1950 then surely they were better off than they are now. Was the black community better off in 1950 than they are today jhmd?

Incapable of admitting that this president and leader of the party to which he wholeheartedly subscribes is a goddamn humiliation.

When the self proclaimed "greatest country in the world" no longer even pays lip service to the values that allowed it to make such a proclamation it is embarrassing.

It's hard to make this point to someone who still believes in the [snort] "Carolina Way"

Incapable of admitting that this president and leader of the party to which he wholeheartedly subscribes is a goddamn humiliation.

You can have two thoughts in your head at once. Well, maybe you can't, but I can.

Is the right to political speech at work unconditional? Did Google have the right to fire the engineer who spoke out against gender preferences? What is the difference to those of you who have suddenly reversed course on this issue?

I think there's a good chance that Trump isn't racist in the traditional sense, because I don't think he has any strong convictions outside of what people think of him. If what the people want changes, then he changes too. He says all this crap because it's what got him elected and riles up the base. He reacts to stuff he sees in the news (hence fast response to Irma/Harvey, slow to Maria). Knows that his base was pissed off about NFL stuff on social media and found his new project.

I think there's a good chance that Trump isn't racist in the traditional sense, because I don't think he has any strong convictions outside of what people think of him. If what the people want changes, then he changes too. He says all this crap because it's what got him elected and riles up the base. He reacts to stuff he sees in the news (hence fast response to Irma/Harvey, slow to Maria). Knows that his base was pissed off about NFL stuff on social media and found his new project.

Husssh. The SJWS are in hysterics.

You can have two thoughts in your head at once. Well, maybe you can't, but I can.

Is the right to political speech at work unconditional? Did Google have the right to fire the engineer who spoke out against gender preferences? What is the difference to those of you who have suddenly reversed course on this issue?

So you do believe he's a disgrace to the country? Why don't you just say that? You're going to injure your bootstrap pulling hand typing all these frantic obfuscations.

If at any job other job they played the national anthem at the beginning of the work day and any employee, let alone the revenue driving employees, refused to stand up, no one would say jack shit. Stupid argument do better

If at any job other job they played the national anthem at the beginning of the work day and any employee, let alone the revenue driving employees, refused to stand up, no one would say jack shit. Stupid argument do better

What about speech you don't agree with?

So you do believe he's a disgrace to the country? Why don't you just say that? You're going to injure your bootstrap pulling hand typing all these frantic obfuscations.

Two posts, no answers. Hard to see that coming...
Can you all get to ten? I bet so.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . .

The narrative that Trump is this blank canvas that flows easily according to popular opinion has always seemed odd to me. His character has remained pretty consistent throughout the course of his life and part of that character is disdain for black and brown people.

Brilliant avoidance maneuver jhmd. But I'll bite.

I don't think I've seen anyone argue that NFL teams can't fire players for taking a knee. They've simply argued that doing so would be unamerican and morally wrong and have pointed out that it is against the law for the president to call on the owners to fire those that kneel.

I guess those two thoughts of yours can't be that nuanced.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . .

The narrative that Trump is this blank canvas that flows easily according to popular opinion has always seemed odd to me. His character has remained pretty consistent throughout the course of his life and part of that character is disdain for black and brown people.

That’s duck-cist.

Back