• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pop's brilliance about race.

Given his responses on this and many other threads, jhmd must believe one of four things:

1. There is no such thing as systemic racism;

2. There is no solution to systemic racism;

3. He doesn't want to solve systemic racism;

4. He doesn't understand the definition of systemic racism.

Care to tell us which one it is so we can move the fuck on from this conversation? I'm guessing no but I can't wait to see how witty you think your proposed #5 is.

Last edited:
Admitting it and addressing it are very difficult for some people, like the popovich clip says. Its ,much easier to point at the problems the black community are having and blame blacks for racism by saying "hey if you just acted right you'd be in the middle class like me" but that doesn't address racism one bit.

Unless.......jhmd is saying that racist whites hate blacks because they are largely poorer than whites.

but wait, that doesn't hold water because whites don't hate poor whites, and racist whites still hate rich blacks.

hmmmm

So it doesn't square that doing his three behaviors is going to do anything about systemic racism, it will just improve black's chances of not being as poor. Which is good (we all have agreed with him since the day he trotted it out some 8 years ago).

but it still doesn't address racism. Its as if jhmd has thrown his hands up and said "forget protesting racism, you are never going to change things, just get rich because protesting unjust treatment doesn't provide financial results"

what a poor, empty soul he has

Last edited:
I don't understand why white people always want to explain to black people what it's like to be black

I don't understand why white people always want to explain to black people what it's like to be black

The ones that do this know what's best for those poor black folk. Just ask GKF, jhmd and others.

Ive hired 6 people in the past 2 years. All IT workers, all have high school diplomas and some post high school tech education.

My wife has hired about 8-10 in the past 3 years in our small business - a commercial kitchen/storefront. I'm not sure of the education levels, but I am pretty sure at least 2 don't have high school diploma.

That is not the point of the NFL protests, jhmd is deflecting to an argument that doesn't exist, we already all agree with him on that point.

Who hired 8-10 people in the past three years?

Because i'm not willing to lie and pretend that your policies work. When we try them, the data gets worse, not better

So I'll put you down for #2 then. There simply is no solution to systemic racism.

I assume you are talking about welfare when you say "your policies." Welfare was designed to remedy poverty writ large. It was not designed to remedy systemic racism.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have to bump this. It's just too entertaining watching jh dance around saying what everyone knows he's proposing.

He won't respond. We've reached the point of his argument where the only places left for him to run are to accept systemic racism is real and admit something must be done about it or claim that African Americans are inherently less capable of economic success. The fact that those two statements are equally untenable for him is telling.

Sometimes he will try and thread the needle by admitting that systemic racism exists but that it is only visible in the Democratic party's welfare policies. I don't think even he can say that with a straight face anymore.

Back