Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast

Thread: College basketball bribery scandal

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    That was a highly politically charged case that served as a rallying cry for multiple groups of people on all sides so probably not the best example of a true federal prosecution.
    I am still bitter about the outcome.

Ed Hardin asking the question many others have:

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/col...1be7b97dd.html

Who coaches Louisville this year? Tom Crean?

Primary OGB Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Deac View Post
    How about Bobby Knight? (Just throwing that out there like a worm on a hook to make sure bkf is really gone)
    boorish ruffian

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Louisville is a Top 4 Public University in Kentucky. Much like App State's standing in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    boorish ruffian

Louisville is a Top 4 Public University in Kentucky. Much like App State's standing in NC.
    Well, if any good can come from this, it's Louisville getting kicked out of the ACC and App State brought in to replace them.
    boorish ruffian

Gaudio? Seth Greenberg? Can Louisville actually suspend their basketball season?

Jim Grobe

spoken like a true 7L intern at the Public Defender's office.
    Public Defender's? Please

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Curious to know why Adidas was targeted. Do we think that they were they only shoe/apparel company to have representatives do this?
    My guess is they took clients away from Nike and it was viewed as fishy and people squealed. I personally don't think this started with the target as college basketball, I think it started as an investigation into Adidas' practices in the area.

I'm sure we'll find out in due course, but may be a while.

Jim Grobe
    Hard to kneel and pick grass off a basketball court.
    boorish ruffian

So, will L'ville, Auburn, OK State, Miami, USC, OK State and others (Miami?) all going to fire their coaching staffs?

If one university cleans house, will be tough for others not to do the same.

So, will L'ville, Auburn, OK State, Miami, USC, OK State and others (Miami?) all going to fire their coaching staffs?

Is Miami and Ok State twice guilty?
    boorish ruffian

Scooter Banks
    Jim Grobe

I don't think the issues at all schools are the same. If it's just a rogue assistant taking some money from an agent, tailor, whatever to push a kid to that company, then only the assistant is likely to get fired, unless there is evidence that the head coach knew about it. The problem for UL is that: 1. it involves payment(s) to a recruit(s) as inducement to attend the university, and 2. they were already in trouble for the hooker thing. Even if Pitino really didn't know about these things going on, it is pretty clear that he has established a culture where his assistants think these things are OK.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    You know Congress will get involved too. Which will be a colossal waste of time but will put people on the spot to answer during congressional testimony.
    I don't know. I'm not sure how many in Congress want to be in the position of potentially shutting down college sports programs.

For example, Senator Roy Moore isn't going to pursue anything that could domino into Alabama football.

Per twitter, Jurich has been fired.

I love the fact that Louisville has been cheating at the highest level and we still whooped last ass last year at the Joel. Screw those scum bags.