• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

That was a highly politically charged case that served as a rallying cry for multiple groups of people on all sides so probably not the best example of a true federal prosecution.

I am still bitter about the outcome.

Louisville is a Top 4 Public University in Kentucky. Much like App State's standing in NC.

You_Fired_Donald_Trump-700x467.jpg

Louisville is a Top 4 Public University in Kentucky. Much like App State's standing in NC.

Well, if any good can come from this, it's Louisville getting kicked out of the ACC and App State brought in to replace them.

Curious to know why Adidas was targeted. Do we think that they were they only shoe/apparel company to have representatives do this?

My guess is they took clients away from Nike and it was viewed as fishy and people squealed. I personally don't think this started with the target as college basketball, I think it started as an investigation into Adidas' practices in the area.

I'm sure we'll find out in due course, but may be a while.

So, will L'ville, Auburn, OK State, Miami, USC, OK State and others (Miami?) all going to fire their coaching staffs?

If one university cleans house, will be tough for others not to do the same.

So, will L'ville, Auburn, OK State, Miami, USC, OK State and others (Miami?) all going to fire their coaching staffs?

If one university cleans house, will be tough for others not to do the same.

I don't think the issues at all schools are the same. If it's just a rogue assistant taking some money from an agent, tailor, whatever to push a kid to that company, then only the assistant is likely to get fired, unless there is evidence that the head coach knew about it. The problem for UL is that: 1. it involves payment(s) to a recruit(s) as inducement to attend the university, and 2. they were already in trouble for the hooker thing. Even if Pitino really didn't know about these things going on, it is pretty clear that he has established a culture where his assistants think these things are OK.

You know Congress will get involved too. Which will be a colossal waste of time but will put people on the spot to answer during congressional testimony.

I don't know. I'm not sure how many in Congress want to be in the position of potentially shutting down college sports programs.

For example, Senator Roy Moore isn't going to pursue anything that could domino into Alabama football.

I love the fact that Louisville has been cheating at the highest level and we still whooped last ass last year at the Joel. Screw those scum bags.

Back