Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast

Thread: College basketball bribery scandal

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    I would think any players that were involved will not be eligible to play elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I don't know. I'm not sure how many in Congress want to be in the position of potentially shutting down college sports programs.

For example, Senator Roy Moore isn't going to pursue anything that could domino into Alabama football.
    A little presumptive, aren't we?

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    A little presumptive, aren't we?
    not for 'Bama

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    I would think any players that were involved will not be eligible to play elsewhere.
    I'd like to see the players be eligible to play after paying back the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    not for 'Bama
    I have until December 12th to live with my plausible deniability. Then I start looking for Russian electoral interference.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I don't know. I'm not sure how many in Congress want to be in the position of potentially shutting down college sports programs.

For example, Senator Roy Moore isn't going to pursue anything that could domino into Alabama football.
    They'll just bring the hammer down on UAB and defund that program (again)

Lol at least for the time being, Jurich 's Wikipedia page has been updated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Jurich Thomas M. Jurich (born July 26, 1956) is an American college sports administrator and former football player. He was the vice president and director of athletics at the University of Louisville until he done got fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    I don't think the issues at all schools are the same. If it's just a rogue assistant taking some money from an agent, tailor, whatever to push a kid to that company, then only the assistant is likely to get fired, unless there is evidence that the head coach knew about it. The problem for UL is that: 1. it involves payment(s) to a recruit(s) as inducement to attend the university, and 2. they were already in trouble for the hooker thing. Even if Pitino really didn't know about these things going on, it is pretty clear that he has established a culture where his assistants think these things are OK.
    There is no way that a rogue assistant is signing off on a transfer of 6 figures without the head coach knowing.

There is plausible deniability, and then there is...that. Just no way.
    Mother So Dear '12

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Hart View Post
    Damn skippy. Nobody embarrass the Papa like this. Nobody.

Also lets talk conspiracy theories here, who has the most to gain from Adidas being busted like this?

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post

Also lets talk conspiracy theories here, who has the most to gain from Adidas being busted like this?
    Is there anyway this doesn't spill over to their dirty football program too?
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post

Frank Stallone?

Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    Is there anyway this doesn't spill over to their dirty football program too?
    Petrino is immoral, not unethical. There's a difference!

Rick Monday
    ESPN now reporting that both Pitino and Jurich have been canned.

Bobby P's protector is now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    Frank Stallone?

Petrino is immoral, not unethical. There's a difference!
    Somehow I doubt it.
    boorish ruffian

Miami will go down. NC State should be sweating.

Quote Originally Posted by macktheknife View Post
    And once again the UNC case will get put on the back burner.
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by Deacsfan27 View Post
    There is no way that a rogue assistant is signing off on a transfer of 6 figures without the head coach knowing.

There is plausible deniability, and then there is...that. Just no way.
    No shit. Again, not every indictment involved the payment of money to recruits or even current players. For some of the assistants indicted, it was because THEY accepted money from agents, tailors, financial planners, etc. with the promise that they would push current players to use their service. It wouldn't be that much of a leap to believe someone like Sean Miller had no idea his assistant was grabbing a few thousand here and there from an agent, and then recommending that agent to their players.

Quote Originally Posted by macktheknife View Post
    Dennis Smith Jr. to NC State/Gott should make the top of the list.

Scooter Banks
    Really hoping Coach K gets sucked into this. A boy can dream.

Other thoughts: I think this likely exploded because didn't Cam Newton essentially get away with the exact same thing? Didn't lose anything, provided a university a national championship all with everyone knowing that he and his father GOT PAID? Companies mimick what works so why wouldn't universities do the same?
    le bone