Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1288

Thread: College basketball bribery scandal

  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    Everyone said that about Shapiro / Miami and not a damn thing changed.
    Looking like this scandal will have a greater impact than any other before it.

    This may be the tipping point for college sports.

    For starters, think the one and done rule will be abolished.

    Looks like a few programs will clean house if not be shut down.

    Players may get paid.

  2. #262
    I really think that Louisville is going to have to suspend their basketball operations indefinitely. I don't think this is as simple as plug in a new coach/staff. There's obviously another unnamed assistant involved at this point, so the staff isn't safe. Then there's the question of who on the team got paid, and other eligibility concerns. It seems likely that suspending the program is their only option at this point, and granting full and unconditional release to their players, though they too will have a hard time securing other options at this point too given eligibility concerns until further proof can be offered as to who received payment.

    No clue what implications suspending the program has for Title IX and conference affiliation, but that's probably the least of their concerns at this point.

  3. #263
    Primary OGB Benefactor
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    39,972
    Quote Originally Posted by PM please. View Post
    I really think that Louisville is going to have to suspend their basketball operations indefinitely. I don't think this is as simple as plug in a new coach/staff. There's obviously another unnamed assistant involved at this point, so the staff isn't safe. Then there's the question of who on the team got paid, and other eligibility concerns. It seems likely that suspending the program is their only option at this point, and granting full and unconditional release to their players, though they too will have a hard time securing other options at this point too given eligibility concerns until further proof can be offered as to who received payment.

    No clue what implications suspending the program has for Title IX and conference affiliation, but that's probably the least of their concerns at this point.
    No chance.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    No chance.
    Ok then.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by PM please. View Post
    I really think that Louisville is going to have to suspend their basketball operations indefinitely.

  6. #266
    Insider tells me the following schools are going down hard: Arizona, South Carolina, Miami, Oklahoma state, Auburn, and potentially Kansas.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    Insider tells me the following schools are going down hard: Arizona, South Carolina, Miami, Oklahoma state, Auburn, and potentially Kansas.
    Oh boy. Let's hope that's not the case with Kansas.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    Insider tells me the following schools are going down hard: Arizona, South Carolina, Miami, Oklahoma state, Auburn, and potentially Kansas.
    We're going to be good again.

  9. #269
    Older than Dirt WFU71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The 'Noke
    Posts
    4,322
    Kansas going down could be bad for us

  10. #270
    Steve Lepore KitchinDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    Insider tells me the following schools are going down hard: Arizona, South Carolina, Miami, Oklahoma state, Auburn, and potentially Kansas.
    What about State? Keats is a Pitino assistant, State is and Adidas school, and was recruiting some of the same players implicated in this.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by WFU71 View Post
    Kansas going down could be bad for us
    why?

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by WFU71 View Post
    Kansas going down could be bad for us
    Agree. Danny would be on the short list.

  13. #273
    I'm betting Louisville suspends their season and releases their players for transfer by the end of the week. There's just no way they can ethically do it. They officially have one of the biggest scandals in NCAA history on their doorstep.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Agree. Danny would be on the short list.
    Or, maybe, Danny was an Assistant there for several years and he could be dragged into this.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    I'm betting Louisville suspends their season and releases their players for transfer by the end of the week. There's just no way they can ethically do it. They officially have one of the biggest scandals in NCAA history on their doorstep.
    I agree, but that theory has already been given "no chance" above.

  16. #276
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,897
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Or, maybe, Danny was an Assistant there for several years and he could be dragged into this.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Agree. Danny would be on the short list.
    Glad someone mentioned this cause I've been low key sorta worried....Kansas is one of Adidas flagship institutions. This is far from over. Many many more names will be implicated. I trust Danny and truly believe he is building our program the right way/steering us towards great things. It's scary to think what he will accomplish with a level playing field on the recruiting trail. It's also scary if you let your mind think about other outcomes....

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    I'm betting Louisville suspends their season and releases their players for transfer by the end of the week. There's just no way they can ethically do it. They officially have one of the biggest scandals in NCAA history on their doorstep.
    For the second time this year.

  19. #279
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    Insider tells me the following schools are going down hard: Arizona, South Carolina, Miami, Oklahoma state, Auburn, and potentially Kansas.
    But not UNC for a cheating scandal that's bigger than all other cheating scandals combined.

    adidas isn't even a rounding error compared to UNC.

  20. #280
    Older than Dirt WFU71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The 'Noke
    Posts
    4,322
    Fran Fraschilla just said that around 70% of Power 5 head coaches are trying to do things the right way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •