• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

Everyone said that about Shapiro / Miami and not a damn thing changed.

Looking like this scandal will have a greater impact than any other before it.

This may be the tipping point for college sports.

For starters, think the one and done rule will be abolished.

Looks like a few programs will clean house if not be shut down.

Players may get paid.

I really think that Louisville is going to have to suspend their basketball operations indefinitely. I don't think this is as simple as plug in a new coach/staff. There's obviously another unnamed assistant involved at this point, so the staff isn't safe. Then there's the question of who on the team got paid, and other eligibility concerns. It seems likely that suspending the program is their only option at this point, and granting full and unconditional release to their players, though they too will have a hard time securing other options at this point too given eligibility concerns until further proof can be offered as to who received payment.

No clue what implications suspending the program has for Title IX and conference affiliation, but that's probably the least of their concerns at this point.

I really think that Louisville is going to have to suspend their basketball operations indefinitely. I don't think this is as simple as plug in a new coach/staff. There's obviously another unnamed assistant involved at this point, so the staff isn't safe. Then there's the question of who on the team got paid, and other eligibility concerns. It seems likely that suspending the program is their only option at this point, and granting full and unconditional release to their players, though they too will have a hard time securing other options at this point too given eligibility concerns until further proof can be offered as to who received payment.

No clue what implications suspending the program has for Title IX and conference affiliation, but that's probably the least of their concerns at this point.

No chance.

I really think that Louisville is going to have to suspend their basketball operations indefinitely.

maxresdefault-1-696x392.jpg

Insider tells me the following schools are going down hard: Arizona, South Carolina, Miami, Oklahoma state, Auburn, and potentially Kansas.

Insider tells me the following schools are going down hard: Arizona, South Carolina, Miami, Oklahoma state, Auburn, and potentially Kansas.

What about State? Keats is a Pitino assistant, State is and Adidas school, and was recruiting some of the same players implicated in this.

I'm betting Louisville suspends their season and releases their players for transfer by the end of the week. There's just no way they can ethically do it. They officially have one of the biggest scandals in NCAA history on their doorstep.

I'm betting Louisville suspends their season and releases their players for transfer by the end of the week. There's just no way they can ethically do it. They officially have one of the biggest scandals in NCAA history on their doorstep.

I agree, but that theory has already been given "no chance" above.

Agree. Danny would be on the short list.

Glad someone mentioned this cause I've been low key sorta worried....Kansas is one of Adidas flagship institutions. This is far from over. Many many more names will be implicated. I trust Danny and truly believe he is building our program the right way/steering us towards great things. It's scary to think what he will accomplish with a level playing field on the recruiting trail. It's also scary if you let your mind think about other outcomes....

For the second time this year.

But not UNC for a cheating scandal that's bigger than all other cheating scandals combined.

adidas isn't even a rounding error compared to UNC.

Fran Fraschilla just said that around 70% of Power 5 head coaches are trying to do things the right way.

Back