• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

Fran Fraschilla just said that around 70% of Power 5 head coaches are trying to do things the right way.

I can't believe they didn't get Nike. Their AAU shit is well known.

Agree. Danny would be on the short list.

That's assuming these schools don't get massive bans or even shut down for a few years. Danny and anyone else who is clean would be wise to steer clear until the dust settles.

I can't believe they didn't get Nike. Their AAU shit is well known.

It started with a financial rep with ties to Adidas. It isn't over yet. One of the Adidas people involved flipped from Nike to Adidas. The trail may lead back to Nike eventually. The FBI isn't done.

Half of Devon Dotson's Final 8 schools are mentioned in this mess.

Insider tells me the following schools are going down hard: Arizona, South Carolina, Miami, Oklahoma state, Auburn, and potentially Kansas.

Brad Underwood worked at South Carolina with dirty cheater Lamont Evans. Brad Underwood worked at Oklahoma State and hired dirty cheater Lamont Evans to join him there. Brad Underwood is a dirty cheater. Finish him! FINISH HIM!

I feel like I read this all started in 2014. Can't find anything to corroborate that now. Am I wrong?

Brad Underwood worked at South Carolina with dirty cheater Lamont Evans. Brad Underwood worked at Oklahoma State and hired dirty cheater Lamont Evans to join him there. Brad Underwood is a dirty cheater. Finish him! FINISH HIM!

https://writingillini.com/2017/09/27/illinois-basketball-timeline-lamont-evans-brad-underwood/

"The first date that the accusations against Evans occurred was on or about March 3, 2016. During this time, he was an assistant coach with the South Carolina Gamecocks. He wasn’t a part of the Cowboys program yet. So, his shady dealings started before Underwood hired him at Oklahoma State.

Underwood was hired as the head coach of the Cowboys on March 21, 2016. He was previously at Stephen F. Austin and there was no connection to Evans at that time. Underwood needed to put a coaching staff together so he hired Evans, who at the time had a nice coaching history.

The next two dates in the report about Evans’ dealings were April 19, 2016 and February 3, 2017. Both of these dates are in the time frame that Underwood was the head coach of Oklahoma State. But, about a month and two weeks after that final date mentioned, Underwood accepted the job at Illinois. This was on March 18, 2017."

Get a grip.

What the fuck RJ? I simply posted an hypothesis to explain another poster's expression of concern over Kansas being involved. Do you have data on how long this investigation has been going on? Do you have data on how far back it goes? I read it started in 2015, making it only three years post Manning's time at KU. If Bill Self has been caught doing shady shit it is not unreasonable to have some concern that Manning, who worked for Self for 9 years, might get dragged into it. Seems just as reasonable to be concerned that Kansas is going to steal Manning from us when Self goes to jail.

What the fuck RJ? I simply posted an hypothesis to explain another poster's expression of concern over Kansas being involved. Do you have data on how long this investigation has been going on? Do you have data on how far back it goes? I read it started in 2015, making it only three years post Manning's time at KU. If Bill Self has been caught doing shady shit it is not unreasonable to have some concern that Manning, who worked for Self for 9 years, might get dragged into it. Seems just as reasonable to be concerned that Kansas is going to steal Manning from us when Self goes to jail.

When said "could be dragged into this", the meaning of that is Danny could be dirty not that he would be hired away.

When said "could be dragged into this", the meaning of that is Danny could be dirty not that he would be hired away.

I am saying that Wake fans have cause to be worried that Manning's reputation might get tarnished by Kansas and Self going down.

Has Kansas been implicated at all yet? I haven't seen it if so.

https://writingillini.com/2017/09/27/illinois-basketball-timeline-lamont-evans-brad-underwood/

"The first date that the accusations against Evans occurred was on or about March 3, 2016. During this time, he was an assistant coach with the South Carolina Gamecocks. He wasn’t a part of the Cowboys program yet. So, his shady dealings started before Underwood hired him at Oklahoma State.

Underwood was hired as the head coach of the Cowboys on March 21, 2016. He was previously at Stephen F. Austin and there was no connection to Evans at that time. Underwood needed to put a coaching staff together so he hired Evans, who at the time had a nice coaching history.

The next two dates in the report about Evans’ dealings were April 19, 2016 and February 3, 2017. Both of these dates are in the time frame that Underwood was the head coach of Oklahoma State. But, about a month and two weeks after that final date mentioned, Underwood accepted the job at Illinois. This was on March 18, 2017."

What this suggests is that Underwood, who had few recruiting connections in Oklahoma and hadn't really cultivated much recruiting buzz during his time at SFA, needed a bag man on his staff to satisfy OSU's expectation of elite recruiting and hired his man. The evolution of his current Illinois staff lends some support to this hypothesis, IMO.

ETA: Posted while wearing a tin foil hat.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be a little uneasy about either scenario.

I know we like to think we're above this sort of thing, and maybe we are, but crazier things have happened.

I assume this what Frachilla was referring to in his cryptic tweet from a few weeks ago

Shitty timing for top uncommitted prospects who were lined up for a big payday. Really should be allowed to go straight to the league if they can't get paid for their one year in college.

Back