• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

Shitty timing for top uncommitted prospects who were lined up for a big payday. Really should be allowed to go straight to the league if they can't get paid for their one year in college.

You're assuming that the league - I'm assuming that you're referring to the NBA - would take a lot of these guys.

The real issue is that the most likely outcome for 2017 guys who can't qualify is to warm a bench in a 2nd/3rd tier international league or compete with hungry 20somethings in the G-League.

I like Fran but what a bogus ass statement and he knows it.

He has to protect his #sauces. Dude isn't a particularly bright basketball mind without his inside connections.

I'm available for any of the openings, but as Bob Ryan opined so eloquently, I qualify as I "am not a virgin".

I'm available for any of the openings, but as Bob Ryan opined so eloquently, I qualify as I "am not a virgin".
4.gif

Lots of stuff being talked about on local sports radio in KY.

Jurich's son works for University of Louisville.

His daughter works for Adidas.

Pitino's attorney has already said if he is fired then be prepared for a nasty lawsuit.

Louisville is the YUM Center's primary source of income this will have devastating economic effect on the city if the program is given an NCAA punishment like Kentucky got back in the 80s where all you had left to play were backups nobody wanted and walk-ons.

Pitino now is no longer going to be welcome in the two places where he won national titles. He'll be out of Louisville in no time and won't ever look back.

Lots of stuff being talked about on local sports radio in KY.

Jurich's son works for University of Louisville.

His daughter works for Adidas.

Pitino's attorney has already said if he is fired then be prepared for a nasty lawsuit.

Louisville is the YUM Center's primary source of income this will have devastating economic effect on the city if the program is given an NCAA punishment like Kentucky got back in the 80s where all you had left to play were backups nobody wanted and walk-ons.

Pitino now is no longer going to be welcome in the two places where he won national titles. He'll be out of Louisville in no time and won't ever look back.

He'll be looking for somewhere nice to spend that shit ton of cash he made during his career.

Trying to follow along to all of this but listen to the Parrish and Norlander pod, gives a lot of good info. Given what Parrish said regarding how mid major program coaches communicated with him that they were happy they weren't P5 coaches for once I have to think Keatts and Manning are clear of all this (given the time frame of the scandal to date). Given State striking out recently with most recruits not named DSJ I actually think we are okay. Sure wouldn't mind if a few more blue bloods get wrapped up in this.

Trying to follow along to all of this but listen to the Parrish and Norlander pod, gives a lot of good info. Given what Parrish said regarding how mid major program coaches communicated with him that they were happy they weren't P5 coaches for once I have to think Keatts and Manning are clear of all this (given the time frame of the scandal to date). Given State striking out recently with most recruits not named DSJ I actually think we are okay. Sure wouldn't mind if a few more blue bloods get wrapped up in this.

My thoughts were Gott might've been caught up, so State won't escape punishment.

[insert Price Is Right Horn of Defeat here]

I like Fran but what a bogus ass statement and he knows it.

Jeff Goodman was on The Russillo Show & after being asked, estimated that around 80% of coaches are likely worried at the moment. That is quite a bit more than the 30% Fran stated.

Louisville - lots of people with Bobby Cremins white hair. Plus lots of old people.

And this investigation needs to find a way over to Bobby Petrino's office. Please.

Back