• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

Nike's in trouble

d1652441a996d2cf04596ca774f42756.png

Hoard played in the EYBL.

https://writingillini.com/2017/09/27/illinois-basketball-timeline-lamont-evans-brad-underwood/

"The first date that the accusations against Evans occurred was on or about March 3, 2016. During this time, he was an assistant coach with the South Carolina Gamecocks. He wasn’t a part of the Cowboys program yet. So, his shady dealings started before Underwood hired him at Oklahoma State.

Underwood was hired as the head coach of the Cowboys on March 21, 2016. He was previously at Stephen F. Austin and there was no connection to Evans at that time. Underwood needed to put a coaching staff together so he hired Evans, who at the time had a nice coaching history.

The next two dates in the report about Evans’ dealings were April 19, 2016 and February 3, 2017. Both of these dates are in the time frame that Underwood was the head coach of Oklahoma State. But, about a month and two weeks after that final date mentioned, Underwood accepted the job at Illinois. This was on March 18, 2017."

Makes Frank Martin look awful too. He's known Lamont Evans for a while (Kansas State AND South Carolina)

[insert Price Is Right Horn of Defeat here]

I mean I expect it from you but DSJ wasn't your normal stud recruit if you look at it rationally.. Injured junior year, loses buzz until he's healthy, dad employed by adidas for the AAU team so could be paid legally, DSJ doesn't sign with Adidas as a pro, enrolls early etc. just don't think there is anything there.

I mean I expect it from you but DSJ wasn't your normal stud recruit if you look at it rationally.. Injured junior year, loses buzz until he's healthy, dad employed by adidas for the AAU team so could be paid legally, DSJ doesn't sign with Adidas as a pro, enrolls early etc. just don't think there is anything there.

:thumbsup:

My thoughts were Gott might've been caught up, so State won't escape punishment.

All of the big time recruits Gott was after (Bam, Bowen, etc) didn't go to NCSU. Our best players/recruits have been transfers really. Maybe there is something there but I don't see the direct stuff that jumps out.

This will be the biggest scandal in NCAA history by far. It will ensnare a substantial number of people and forever alter the landscape of college athletics and oversight.

I haven't been able to follow this very closely. Was the NCAA involved in the investigation or did the FBI do it without them, even without their knowledge?

Unless the NCAA was involved on the front end, it would seem that this is a huge embarrassment for them and perhaps worse.

Sorry if all of this has been discussed already.

C'mon. That's hilarious. Dude?

I haven't been able to follow this very closely. Was the NCAA involved in the investigation or did the FBI do it without them, even without their knowledge?

Unless the NCAA was involved on the front end, it would seem that this is a huge embarrassment for them and perhaps worse.

Sorry if all of this has been discussed already.

In his press conference yesterday, the DA (or whoever it was) said that "today" was the first the NCAA knew of their investigation.

I'll tell you what...that Bagley 5* to Duke was really, err, odd. It smells of foul play upon this new information. Time to take the rat down!

Back