• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

If I'm going to go to jail for 80 years, brother it is not going to be because I broke the law for my WORK.

I’ll say it again. The NCAA gets the ultimate death sentence. A federal agency will be created to oversee college athletics. Amateur sports are basically over, unless you enjoy watching high- level YMCA bball

I’ll say it again. The NCAA gets the ultimate death sentence. A federal agency will be created to oversee college athletics. Amateur sports are basically over, unless you enjoy watching high- level YMCA bball

In fairness, the NCAA doesn't have subpoena power so basically everyone can and does tell them to fuck off (see UNC). It was set up to fail at enforcement because the criminals are writing the laws.

I gotta admit, deaconhoops, that idea isn't as laughable as it was yesterday.

Really hoping the probe looks at the Trevon Duval and Bagley recruitments which were complete crocks of shit. My greatest dream would be FBI agents walking Ratface out of Cameron in handcuffs with fans of rival schools camped outside screaming "SEE YA"

I disagree. I think it is much more likely the NBA gets rid of the minimum age requirement, which paves the way for a lot more kids to go pro out of high school. Adam Silver has already indicated the NBA will likely go this route, and it will allow the kids looking for quick money to go pro and skip college. The G league will grow, but in the end college hoops and the NCAA will maintain their popularity.

Updated insider rumor: two ACC schools will be announced as soon as tonight. Miami and State seem to be the leading candidates. Also a mother of a recent duke commit (last few months) may be talking about a $150k "gift" to investigators. Stay tuned.

Think this will end up being Kansas and Bama from what I'm hearing. If you aren't already counting Miami, who as mentioned by Hitman is team 7 already mentioned.

Last edited:
Alabama situation is strange. Lands top ten class, conducts an internal review that yields no rules violations and the DOBO, who used to work for the NCAA as assistant director of enforcement, resigns. Weird.

I disagree. I think it is much more likely the NBA gets rid of the minimum age requirement, which paves the way for a lot more kids to go pro out of high school. Adam Silver has already indicated the NBA will likely go this route, and it will allow the kids looking for quick money to go pro and skip college. The G league will grow, but in the end college hoops and the NCAA will maintain their popularity.

Link? Silver seems to want kids to stay in college longer so they'll be ready to contribute in their rookie contracts.

**cough**cough** NC State doesn't land Dennis Smith Jr based on their merits as a program or based on the quality of their coaching staff.

I expect UNC fans to have a good laugh when NC State gets named and faces penalties.

21768095_10154769785541604_2419522953439930339_n.jpg

The Bagley situation is trouble for Duke. It was very unorthodox, quiet and quick. Duke should be concerned.

**cough**cough** NC State doesn't land Dennis Smith Jr based on their merits as a program or based on the quality of their coaching staff.

I expect UNC fans to have a good laugh when NC State gets named and faces penalties.

Meh grew up a state fan, UNC didn't have a PG need, signed with UA after summer league. Sketchiest recruitments were Kapita and Rowan

Last edited:
The one and done rule is pretty difficult to argue for. It is a false ceiling on a lucrative market that really only benefits the people already making money. The NFL rule makes sense due to safety concerns, but that isn't the case with the NBA.

Hate to spread rumors, but the word here in Atlanta is that Russell Athletic may have been involved in a "pay for play" scheme which directed 2-star recruits to "ACC School-16" by providing them w/ Chick-Fil-A coupons and MARTA Breeze cards.

Back