• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

I hate it when these criminals get off on a technicality !!!!

You should volunteer to represent the accused coaches pro bono !

If anyone from Wake gets pinched, I'll take my legal dream team of me, DonaldRoss, and JHMD, and we'll even take Numbers as the research lackey / coffee boy for $400k split evenly 4 ways; guaranteed acquittal.

Maybe we could get 7 or 8 pages on the odds of a conviction in this case. :)

What the hell are an ambulance chaser, a military paper pusher, a small business owner with a history of sexual discrimination in the workplace, and a 1L going to do against the FBI?

If anyone from Wake gets pinched, I'll take my legal dream team of me, DonaldRoss, and JHMD, and we'll even take Numbers as the research lackey / coffee boy for $400k split evenly 4 ways; guaranteed acquittal.

ask ellis do opposite

In. We definitely need a coffee dwarf.

Can you imagine the amount of office square footage needed to hold all those egos and stale Obama jokes?

Interesting post from Illini board:

"Brian Rauf, Lead Columnist for Chat Sports, with this tweet about 2 hours ago--"Schools that are likely to be hit next, according to sources: Auburn, Arizona, Alabama, and Illinois' Brad Underwood."

What the hell are an ambulance chaser, a military paper pusher, a small business owner with a history of sexual discrimination in the workplace, and a 1L going to do against the FBI?

It'll be like them trying to hit the eephus pitch. The FBI will have no idea what is coming or what to do with it, but they'll strike out looking.

It'll be like them trying to hit the eephus pitch. The FBI will have no idea what is coming or what to do with it, but they'll strike out looking.

gxexdzt.gif

Interesting post from Illini board:

"Brian Rauf, Lead Columnist for Chat Sports, with this tweet about 2 hours ago--"Schools that are likely to be hit next, according to sources: Auburn, Arizona, Alabama, and Illinois' Brad Underwood."

:popcorn::dancindeac::dancindeac::dancindeac::dancindeac:

As everybody jokes about how bz.delik's sad two-star recruiting may have saved us from the dirty basketball we're seeing here, I have to wonder if the ostensible "culture-change" narrative we were all force-fed was exactly this kind of thing. We don't really know why Dino was forced out and he's not talking. Perhaps hiring [Redacted] really did change our culture after all. (And, fortuitously it appears, at a time when the FBI were cracking down.)

I know for a fact that several coaches and teams at wake had huge problems that were not addressed quickly and left to fester for years. And when new hires were eventually made the process was meticulous, intentional, and careful. This m.o. has always frustrated fans, especially when we've missed on fans' first choices for purportedly acting too slowly or not offering enough or whatever. But I really believe that Wellman and company are serous about protecting our reputation even if it comes at the expense of winning immediately. And I think I'm in the minority on here in believing that's the right way to do things.

As everybody jokes about how bz.delik's sad two-star recruiting may have saved us from the dirty basketball we're seeing here, I have to wonder if the ostensible "culture-change" narrative we were all force-fed was exactly this kind of thing. We don't really know why Dino was forced out and he's not talking. Perhaps hiring [Redacted] really did change our culture after all. (And, fortuitously it appears, at a time when the FBI were cracking down.)

I know for a fact that several coaches and teams at wake had huge problems that were not addressed quickly and left to fester for years. And when new hires were eventually made the process was meticulous, intentional, and careful. This m.o. has always frustrated fans, especially when we've missed on fans' first choices for purportedly acting too slowly or not offering enough or whatever. But I really believe that Wellman and company are serous about protecting our reputation even if it comes at the expense of winning immediately. And I think I'm in the minority on here in believing that's the right way to do things.

Yes we do. It's a litany of reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam on these boards. Though I doubt Gaudio was engaging in the corruption that the FBI investigation is centered on.

I said I didn't think NC State was involved already. Also, there is a difference between being paid for running an AAU team and actually giving under the table payments to ensure a player (even his own son) goes to a certain school or brand of schools.

But my point is why would Adidas pay smiths fam under the table when they can pay him whatever amount legally? That would be pointlessly stupid.

Let's not lose focus on the fact UNC 's 18 year cheating scandal is way worse than ANYTHING we've read about with this scandal.

Back