Miami (FL)
    L'ville
    Kansas
    Indiana
    NC State
    Arizona State
    Nebraska
    Miss. State

Baylor appears to UA for football, and Adidas for hoop.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Didn't Adidas just jump Jordan for the #2 revenue share spot?

Scooter Banks

Scooter Banks
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmd2000 View Post
    It's just a reminder that a school that takes and develops 3 star talent into reigning national champions does so amidst a sea of unseemly characters and blatant cheating. All the more impressive.
    Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    Wow. See ya, Ville. Death penalty incoming.

lol check out this quote from Rick
    Pitino about the recruit (Brian Bowen) that UL paid 100k for
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 09-26-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    Draxx them sklounst

Never Murdered My FIL
    It's gonna be really dicey in Raleigh when state gets popped on this before anything happens to unc.

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    lol check out this quote from Rick
    Pitino about the recruit (Brian Bowen) that UL paid 100k for
    Well, technically wasn't it Adidas that paid the $100K? UL paid nothing because they got their shoe company to pay.

I'm sure it isn't actually the case, but adidas seems way shadier than Nike, et al when it comes to college hoops.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    I'm sure it isn't actually the case, but adidas seems way shadier than Nike, et al when it comes to college hoops.
    Or Nike is better at not getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    Well, technically wasn't it Adidas that paid the $100K? UL paid nothing because they got their shoe company to pay.
    Haha no. They're fucked. There's no way to get out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    I'd be shocked if a Nike rep didn't assist this investigation in one way or another. When you're dealing with something as widely as corrupt as college athletics, its generally the direct competitors to the industry leader who get popped.

Well at least we know that Roach [name redacted] never acquired the type of talent or success at Wake that this has to be any type of concern for mother so dear.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    They're going with the "we didn't know" defense.
    http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2...ing/703414001/

"We have no idea about any of this stuff," said Kenny Klein, a spokesman for the University of Louisville athletic department. "This is the first I've heard of it. Nobody in basketball is aware of any of this."

Quote Originally Posted by DG3 View Post
    LVille makes money for the NCAA. They'll get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    It's gonna be really dicey in Raleigh when state gets popped on this before anything happens to unc.
    That would be uhhhhmaaaaaazing

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post

"We have no idea about any of this stuff," said Kenny Klein, a spokesman for the University of Louisville athletic department. "This is the first I've heard of it. Nobody in basketball is aware of any of this."
    That October 28 home game needs to be signs and banners and taunting of unseen proportions. Instead of a blackout or similar nonsense, we should have colored shirts across the entire stands (or empty chairs, as applicable) spell out WHY DO YOU LIE?

Hahahahaha fucking Louisville. Are they serious with this shit? Next we'll hear from the AD how much they regret that it distracts from the rest of their basketball season.

I think Pitino's statement really underscores that Louisville got serious about cleaning up its act after their staffer was caught directly paying for hookers, though admittedly only $5,400 over a four year period. I think it's clear that Adidas took this upon themselves to enrich their pockets down the road on the cheap with these future stars, and the fact that Pitino cited luck rather than payments is further proof that he had no knowledge or control over this situation.

I mean give these guys a break. We didn't even run our special plays that were foisted upon them. I just worry about how this distraction impacts their student athletes in their preparation for games this week.

They have gotten a lot of mileage out of that approach the last couple of years.