• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

Adidas largest NCAA sponsorship deals:

UCLA
Texas A&M
Miami (FL)
L'ville
Kansas
Indiana
NC State
Arizona State
Nebraska
Miss. State

Baylor appears to UA for football, and Adidas for hoop.

Didn't Adidas just jump Jordan for the #2 revenue share spot?

lol check out this quote from Rick
Pitino about the recruit (Brian Bowen) that UL paid 100k for
00a440a1bc953ddf9140eed9f5bb2d67.jpg

Last edited:
It's gonna be really dicey in Raleigh when state gets popped on this before anything happens to unc.

lol check out this quote from Rick
Pitino about the recruit (Brian Bowen) that UL paid 100k for
0ffbfd0a92c52ca70a0afb35df4496be.jpg

Well, technically wasn't it Adidas that paid the $100K? UL paid nothing because they got their shoe company to pay.

I'm sure it isn't actually the case, but adidas seems way shadier than Nike, et al when it comes to college hoops.

I'm sure it isn't actually the case, but adidas seems way shadier than Nike, et al when it comes to college hoops.

I'd be shocked if a Nike rep didn't assist this investigation in one way or another. When you're dealing with something as widely as corrupt as college athletics, its generally the direct competitors to the industry leader who get popped.

Well at least we know that Roach [Redacted] never acquired the type of talent or success at Wake that this has to be any type of concern for mother so dear.

They're going with the "we didn't know" defense.
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ville-college-basketball-fbi-sting/703414001/

"We have no idea about any of this stuff," said Kenny Klein, a spokesman for the University of Louisville athletic department. "This is the first I've heard of it. Nobody in basketball is aware of any of this."

That October 28 home game needs to be signs and banners and taunting of unseen proportions. Instead of a blackout or similar nonsense, we should have colored shirts across the entire stands (or empty chairs, as applicable) spell out WHY DO YOU LIE?

They're going with the "we didn't know" defense.
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ville-college-basketball-fbi-sting/703414001/

"We have no idea about any of this stuff," said Kenny Klein, a spokesman for the University of Louisville athletic department. "This is the first I've heard of it. Nobody in basketball is aware of any of this."

Hahahahaha fucking Louisville. Are they serious with this shit? Next we'll hear from the AD how much they regret that it distracts from the rest of their basketball season.

I think Pitino's statement really underscores that Louisville got serious about cleaning up its act after their staffer was caught directly paying for hookers, though admittedly only $5,400 over a four year period. I think it's clear that Adidas took this upon themselves to enrich their pockets down the road on the cheap with these future stars, and the fact that Pitino cited luck rather than payments is further proof that he had no knowledge or control over this situation.

I mean give these guys a break. We didn't even run our special plays that were foisted upon them. I just worry about how this distraction impacts their student athletes in their preparation for games this week.

Back