• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

UNC as a university is part of and have a vote in the NCAA. They are not part of the FBI.

Would rather see RatFace go down. Ol' Roy does not really bother me like that other spawn of Satan.

Hate Roy so much more. Even his comments about how he is confident UNC won’t be on it. I would kill for him to be wrong. Would be so enjoyable for me.

Hate Roy so much more. Even his comments about how he is confident UNC won’t be on it. I would kill for him to be wrong. Would be so enjoyable for me.

Hate is all we are left with thanks to 8 years in the wilderness. The emperor Wellman is turning us all to the dark side.

“If your school produced a first-round pick in the past three years, be worried.”

I still think the NCAA will take the brunt of this and not individual programs. There will be so many schools with green on their hands there won't be any resemblance of a NCAA tourney the first March after the investigation concludes if all they do is punish programs.

Would rather see RatFace go down. Ol' Roy does not really bother me like that other spawn of Satan.

Both are equally terrible. One just acts like Satan, the other is Satan trying to come off like Opie. Both suck and can burn as far as i'm concerned.

Watch wake get caught up in this and we'll have to vacate the like 7 acc road total acc road wins accumulated by Bz and Danny

Continuing to hijack this thread...

The worst thing about Drum was that you knew that the fact that he was in the rotation meant that we probably weren’t a very good team.

No offense to him, of course.

Yep. Same with Wilbekin.

“If your school produced a first-round pick in the past three years, be worried.”

Yeaaaaah if that's true, nothing is going to happen. No way the NCAA allows the FBI to take down that many blue bloods. They'll fall on the sword and promise to "pass sweeping reforms" and nothing will change. This is Trump's America. It's all a fucking sham.

I still think the NCAA will take the brunt of this and not individual programs. There will be so many schools with green on their hands there won't be any resemblance of a NCAA tourney the first March after the investigation concludes if all they do is punish programs.

We'll go from paying athletes under the table to paying them over the table.
NCAA: "OK, so everyone is cheating? New rules: paying players is acceptable."
And we've been the schmucks playing by the rules.

So if the NCAA has given up on academic rigor and eligibility (UNC) and if they give up the purity of amateurism (FBI), then what are they there for?

Last edited:
Back