• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

Is Wake a Nike school? Maybe Wake is wrapped up in this too.

Yeah, Nike gave Mike Wynn's family a pair of used Nikes to get him to flip to WF over ECU:
depositphotos_199063450-stock-photo-pavia-italy-august-2016-old.jpg

Pretty hard for Manning to recruit talent when his bag man gets arrested for murder.

So we owe our only decent recruit to a killer.

Does anybody doubt Nike paid Zion? No.

Does anybody doubt Nike paid Zion? No.

I don't think they would do so overtly but I am sure there were promises made about a contract once he finished his one year career at Duke. Plenty of other athletes have been doing this for years and it is given a wink and a nod by the NCAA when it is Duke, unc, UK, KU, etc... Let Southern Miss try this and see how fast the NCAA comes down on them. It is what they call in foreign affairs a "secret protocol" like when Hitler and Stalin drew up their non-aggression pact in 1939 shortly before the outbreak of hostilities in WWII. The facts of the protocol stipulated that the Soviet Army and and the Wehrmacht would stop at certain points to divvy up Poland was not seen until after the war. Sorry for the off topic digression there.

Last edited:
I don't think they would do so overtly but I am sure there were promises made about a contract once he finished his one year career at Duke. Plenty of other athletes have been doing this for years and it is given a wink and a nod by the NCAA when it is Duke, unc, UK, KU, etc... Let Southern Miss try this and see how fast the NCAA comes down on them. It is what they call in foreign affairs a "secret protocol" like when Hitler and Stalin drew up their non-aggression pact in 1939 shortly before the outbreak of hostilities in WWII. The facts of the protocol stipulated that the Soviet Army and and the Wehrmacht would stop at certain points to divvy up Poland was not seen until after the war. Sorry for the off topic digression there.

I’m with PH on this one. I think all the shoe companies are passing out cash to get kids to “their” schools. Everyone knows it and looks the other way. There is no way Nike wasn’t engaged in the same practice as everyone else. The system is totally corrupt.

Are you likening K and Calipari to Hitler and Stalin?

It seems like the companies would pay the parents of the players as consultants for their AAU teams - clever way to steer them in the direction they wanted them to go.

Testimony from today's trial:
Under oath, Blazer said he understood Dawkins to be saying: "Duke, UNC and Kentucky will have people in place to pay whatever's necessary for Zion Williamson. Whatever Zion Williamson's family needed, we would be able to step in and [help with money] if it was close."

The link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-corruption-trial-wiretaps-show-payments-wanted-to-recruit-zion-williamson-marvin-bagley/

Guess the Duke Women's hoop team is going to clean house soon... :cool:

Can't wait to hear how Coach K is a "victim" in all of this and how bad we should feel for him.

I'd pay a ton of dough to see K led away in handcuffs:naughty:

Back