• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

I wonder if the FBI/DOJ are willing to give Ayton immunity for his tax problems to testify whether Miller gave him the money.

My bet would be that Miller did.

I honestly don't understand how Wade and Miller are still at LSU and Arizona respectively. Is it a similar reason as to why J Jones was still technically part of the wake forest basketball staff until a few weeks ago? The lawsuit if you fire for a case not yet convicted is too great a risk - though at the expense of your school's reputation.

I honestly don't understand how Wade and Miller are still at LSU and Arizona respectively. Is it a similar reason as to why J Jones was still technically part of the wake forest basketball staff until a few weeks ago? The lawsuit if you fire for a case not yet convicted is too great a risk - though at the expense of your school's reputation.

It's gotta be about Miller's contract. Firing for cause may need some sort of proof of wrong-doing. They may have to wait for this case to finish.

Last edited:
Clemson fires Steve Smith, the basketball assistant, who was caught on tape saying that the Tigers pay football players: https://www.wyff4.com/article/assistant-basketball-coach-who-mentioned-football-program-on-fbis-wiretap-no-longer-with-clemson/27355090

Smith's lucky if the worst of it getting fired. Not a good idea to mess with the Clemson football program right now.

he's just an unlucky victim like the players who were suspended for somehow testing positive for banned substances

The decision to actually reinstate Will Wade seems really, really curious. The evidence against him is as definitive as possible short of an actual video of him handing a stack of cash to a player. But hey he “volunteered” to forfeit his bonus for making the tournament! What a stand up guy.

The decision to actually reinstate Will Wade seems really, really curious. The evidence against him is as definitive as possible short of an actual video of him handing a stack of cash to a player. But hey he “volunteered” to forfeit his bonus for making the tournament! What a stand up guy.

man-lifting-a-bag-of-money-EF3RJD.jpg

And the AD resigned after he was reinstated if I understood the chain of events correctly ...

And the AD resigned after he was reinstated if I understood the chain of events correctly ...

He did and you did

The AD was Joe Alleva, former AD of Duke, who forced the Duke lacrosse coach to resign very early on in that case.

This will all come out 5 years after K has retired and everyone will just shake their head and say - everybody was doing it, when K was one of the original pay coaches to players, hookup their parent's with jobs and houses, etc. Just like Dean and UNC.

Jeff Goodman says that the same is coming for Arizona, LSU, USC, NC State, Auburn, L'ville and Creighton.

Back