• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

Just saw it being reported that Pitino is getting canned today. You know Petrino's staff has got to be guilty of the same stuff.

a 5 star Auburn recruit just decommitted.

Come to Wake Forest.....
0514e9b281e4243457643ac0e32998e4b669ee-wm.jpg

I'm not an expert on federal criminal charges but some of these coaches need to worry less about losing their jobs and make sure they don't end up in prison. If they haven't already, guys like Pitino, Enfield, Miller, Pearl, Martin - anyone who had longer relationships with some of these assistants, need to lawyer up immediately and shut up.

Saw a good comparison that this is like the police getting involved when the HOA failed to maintain control. Different level of seriousness and much more on the line

I'm not an expert on federal criminal charges but some of these coaches need to worry less about losing their jobs and make sure they don't end up in prison. If they haven't already, guys like Pitino, Enfield, Miller, Pearl, Martin - anyone who had longer relationships with some of these assistants, need to lawyer up immediately and shut up.
Basically, the DOJ doesn't mess around. If you're going to an actual trial with them, you're already screwed. At the time I did a summer program with them, I think the figure was 90+% of court cases ended with a conviction and they love conspiracy charges, which would seem pretty apt here. Can get head coaches and administrators for conspiracy to commit fraud/bribery/etc if there's any evidence they planned, knew, encouraged, etc. what was seemingly going on between the assistants and outside entities.

I mean surely this will make its way into football as well - I know the FBI already was pissed with the way the NCAA handled the Auburn situation years back. They basically gift wrapped that investigation, and of course it got bungled and nothing happened.

All the charged assistant coaches know that they are now basically unemployable in college, and maybe pro, basketball for life. So they have no downside to testifying against the head coaches and anyone else involved if it keeps them out of Federal Pound Me In The Ass Prison.

Basically, the DOJ doesn't mess around. If you're going to an actual trial with them, you're already screwed. At the time I did a summer program with them, I think the figure was 90+% of court cases ended with a conviction and they love conspiracy charges, which would seem pretty apt here. Can get head coaches and administrators for conspiracy to commit fraud/bribery/etc if there's any evidence they planned, knew, encouraged, etc. what was seemingly going on between the assistants and outside entities.

http://katu.com/news/local/ammon-bu...ldlife-consensus-jury-federal-portland-oregon

You know Congress will get involved too. Which will be a colossal waste of time but will put people on the spot to answer during congressional testimony.

Oh yeah conspiracy charges are what will be the downfall for head coaches if it comes to that.

If [Redacted] cheated and puts us on probation....oh my. Wouldn't that be just perfect. It would be like him to self report right now, receive immunity and put our program on probation.

Bz was pretty much a self-imposed probation, so we should be good on time served.

spoken like a true 7L intern at the Public Defender's office.

Curious to know why Adidas was targeted. Do we think that they were they only shoe/apparel company to have representatives do this?

Bz was pretty much a self-imposed probation, so we should be good on time served.

Yeah, the NCAA should just hire Bzzz to coach teams after they are guilty of violations. No worry about taking schollies away, probations, losing past titles, just let Bzzz take over with no restrictions under a 5 year term and he'll set that program back 2 decades.

Back