• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

You all are being real optimistic with this death penalty talk. The feds could drag Pitino to jail by his balls and the NCAA would only whip out a small fine and a post-season ban.

Gosh, I just feel so bad for those guys. Poor Pitino..He doesn't deserve any of this negative publicity. T's and P's for Louisville, their coaches, players, recruits and student body.

Warmest regards,
Creamy G

Louisville has acknowledged their inclusion in the documents. Either we will see them double down on the rogue assistant narrative or full scale resignations tomorrow/Thursday.

The Ville boards are surprisingly reasoned. They know that they're fucked and the consensus seems to be Pitino out very soon. I'm actually shocked.

Of course, Pitino had no knowledge of these despicable practices. Just like the hookers.

Louisville has acknowledged their inclusion in the documents. Either we will see them double down on the rogue assistant narrative or full scale resignations tomorrow/Thursday.

Is there any doubt that it will be the same rogue assistant who took our playbook and hired the hookers? Surely swiftly fired by now for his underhanded actions as soon as they came to light, of course.

Assuming Wake doesn't get dragged into this, I should be happy to hear this, but I can't help but thinking - doesn't the FBI have better things to do

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...y-took-bribes-agents-deliver-athletes-n804781

"Acting U.S. Attorney Joon Kim said the FBI and prosecutors set out to investigate the "dark underbelly of college basketball" and found a pay-to-play culture flourishing in some corners of the NCAA."

I can see why the NCAA would care but is this really something that the FBI needs to be targeting?

Assuming Wake doesn't get dragged into this, I should be happy to hear this, but I can't help but thinking - doesn't the FBI have better things to do

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...y-took-bribes-agents-deliver-athletes-n804781

"Acting U.S. Attorney Joon Kim said the FBI and prosecutors set out to investigate the "dark underbelly of college basketball" and found a pay-to-play culture flourishing in some corners of the NCAA."

I can see why the NCAA would care but is this really something that the FBI needs to be targeting?

Obama had Louisville in the Final Four in 2013. Maybe the OK State upset hurt his bracket.
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.go...-bracket-2013-ncaa-mens-basketball-tournament

Sonny Vaccaro says he is, "totally shocked" and "I'm surprised at the immensity of this thing," said Vaccaro, who while working for Nike, signed Michael Jordan. "It's not one school or one rogue somebody, it was organized — you know, organized beyond my belief. I'm totally shocked."

I can't believe Nike hasn't gotten busted.

The Auburn connection is pretty interesting. Despite not having a great basketball tradition, once Pearl arrived, they started bringing in top recruits a level above where they had been before. Pearl already had a pretty shady history before arriving.

edited to add that Person was brought in by Pearl when he was hired.

Last edited:
The OSU assistant was with Frank Martin for roughly a decade as manager and then coach. I wouldn’t be surprised if Martin gets dragged into it

Lonnie Walker (coming in this year) is Miami's highest ranked recruit in years. Allegations were brought against Miami that it is involved in the pay-to-play scandal as well.

So how deep down the rabbit hole will the FBI and NCAA actually go?

Back